Graffiti between Sydenham Hill station and crescent wood rd

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Movingtosydenham

Graffiti between Sydenham Hill station and crescent wood rd

Post by Movingtosydenham »

Hi, we're about to move to Sydenham Hill area, and we're really excited to see this forum! :)

We were just wondering whether anyone has any info about the passage from Sydenham Hill station to Crescent wood rd (where the Wood House pub is)? I didn't manage to find anything online re this. I've noticed that there seems to be quite a lot of graffiti on the fences, trees etc. along that particular passage. Is this a safe passage? Anyone aware of any gangs / crime happening in this passage / vicinity?

I know it's London but just wondering about the safety in the area!

Thanks so much!
Tom1

Re: Graffiti between Sydenham Hill station and crescent wood

Post by Tom1 »

I walk up and down the passage most days, and have done for over a decade, and never had any problems (apart from the gradient obviously).
Movingtosydenham

Post by Movingtosydenham »

Tom1 wrote:I walk up and down the passage most days, and have done for over a decade, and never had any problems (apart from the gradient obviously).
Thanks Tom1! That's good to hear - is walking up the hill at night fine as well?
The gradient is indeed painful!
Tom1

Post by Tom1 »

I've walked up the hill late at night on many occasions and had no issues. It can be quiet at times, although at other times you will get quite a few people walk up from the station after getting off the same train.
simon

Post by simon »

I moved to Sydenham Hill in December and had no issues at any time of night. The gradient gets easier after a while and has given rise to the sport of competitive commuting! I think the graffiti gets painted over pretty quickly.