Moynuls restaurant

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
syd-gal

Moynuls restaurant

Post by syd-gal »

Looks like Moynuls in lower Sydenham has closed down, the windows are all covered over. Nothing seems to last in that shop.
SydenhamOwl

Re: Moynuls restaurant

Post by SydenhamOwl »

Noticed this walking past the other day. I hope not, they do good food in there. Perhaps its being refurbished to brighten it up a bit. It's very dark in there and doesn't look very invitiing on first glance - despite the fact it has a friendly owner and good food!
syd-gal

Post by syd-gal »

They would probably say if they were closed for refurbishment. I've never seen the place very busy.
SydenhamOwl

Post by SydenhamOwl »

Yeah, I fear this is probably the case too. Not only is it a shame to lose a good takeaway option it's just that absolutely nothing seems to last in Sydenham..especially down the lower end of the High Street towards Moynuls area.

The number of empty shops must be apporaching double figures. I wonder if this a problem High Streets across London are facing or whether Sydenham is an extreme example.
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

This is the first I have ever heard about its’s existence. What kind of restaurant was it? Not a very catchy name. When I drive by earlier, it seemed to say “buffet” - I was rather focussed on the road!
chris 1961

Post by chris 1961 »

I tried it when it first opened (after the Lemon Tree closed) and was not impressed.
Had a limited menu and the dish's me and the wife had were not very nice - did not have a drinks licence either.
Always looked empty whatever time I passed by so not really surprised that it seems to have shut down.
KEVD

Post by KEVD »

It started getting quiet after it changed from Lemon Tree. They started doing morning buffet breakfast and it was confusing what it was trying to be. Hopefully someone comes in and takes it over as been a restaurant for a very long time.
chrisj1948

Post by chrisj1948 »

My wife Mary and I have eaten there a couple of times recently. The food was good, although not outstanding, but they did have an excellent lime pickle. There was very little custom. I shall be sad if it has closed because it was a pleasant establishment.

Regards
Chris
SydenhamOwl

Post by SydenhamOwl »

I've heard that this will re-open soon but this time as a 'grill' type restaurant. Not sure on exact opening date but hope it does well.
syd-gal

Post by syd-gal »

Interesting . Not seen any sign of work there.
SydenhamOwl

Post by SydenhamOwl »

This is becomming something called Madina Grill. Walked past it this morning. Not sure when it will open but they already have a new sign up.
syd-gal

Post by syd-gal »

Hope it has better success than the last 2 or 3 attempts!
syd-gal

Post by syd-gal »

After a long time closed, I see Moynuls / Madina is soon to be yet another Indian restaurant. The banner says "Sydenham Tandoori. Authentic Indian restaurant. Opening 8 Nov 2021"
Hope they have better luck this time.
pip

Post by pip »

Bring back Ahmed. Those were the days.