No to unlimited EU immigration and scrap 100,000 regulations

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Lewkip

No to unlimited EU immigration and scrap 100,000 regulations

Post by Lewkip »

Let's try and jump start this chat room a bit eh?

It is pleasing to see that at least 100 people have visited this post. How about some postings to match?

As you know, UKIP is determined to pull Britain out of the EU. We are against unlimited EU immigration and want to scrap 100,000 EU regulations that hamper British business.

How on earth did a free trade agreement get so out of hand?

Why can't the three major parties clearly set the matter to rest and say they are for an independent Britain and that their manifestos are geared to this end?

They seem to think that they can benefit from the EU on their terms but the French and Germans have sewn this up to suit themselves! Look what has happened to our fishing industry! Look at what adopting the Euro has done to the once-mighty German economy. The British economy could follow suit.

Any renegotiation of an EU treaty on immigration or anything else will require committment from all 25 member countries. Our so-called red line areas are under seige. The veto clauses are disappearing.

We are not expecting to form the next Government but even a token number of UKIP MPs can make a difference: Maastricht was passed in Britain by only 3 votes in 1993. We could have stopped that.

The next parliament promises upsets in borderline seats and a reduced majority. A UKIP presence can help restore some semblance of accountability. None of the other major parties want to enforce checks and balances on the erosion of British sovereignty.

The choice is clear: Vote UKIP.

Want to know more? Go to www.ukip.org
Paddy Pantsdown

Re: No to unlimited EU immigration and scrap 100,000 regulat

Post by Paddy Pantsdown »

Lewkip wrote:Let's try and jump start this chat room a bit eh?
This is not a chat room. It should be a place for serious political debate. If you, your party, wishes to be taken seriously then try that.

I feel insulted that you should think self contradictory invective will work. The EU is an important subject but doo try and approach it objectively. Jobs & induustry depend on making the right choices.

Blaming the fishing crisis on the EU? Just take a look in the ocean - that's where the problem lies. Now who has the better policy of fish conservation/restocking? I doubt if there is much difference between National/EU government on that. Perhaps you could refresh us with UKIP policy on that - and why it would be better applied in a national or multinational environment.

Similary we do seem to be worked up about the German economy. First it was because of the weak euro - and then the strong euro. I think most economists put the major cause as to the difficulty of merging the former East German economy which has little to do with the EU or the Euro.

Fact is they have a lot more healthy industry than we do. And folks like me who were working in British industry trying to sell to Europe in the 1980s know why it went down the tubes. Do you?
Newman

Post by Newman »

As anyone one who watched that Kilroy Silk programme the other week will testify, UKIP is a joke - a party of laughable, borderline racist old fogies. And you are just reinforcing that with your post. I am by no means 100 per cent in favour of a a united Europe in the form that it is currently taking. The current set up obviously has its faults. But you do yourselves no favours with your 'they want to make our bananas straight and ban prawn cocktail crisps' type propaganda. We've heard your tired 'vote for us, we want power - oops, I mean we hate Europe' nonsense a million times before. Credit the British public with some sense please.
Lewkip

A reply to Paddy and Newman

Post by Lewkip »

Dear Paddy,

I am sorry if you were offended by my referral to this forum as a chat room. I will try and be more serious and will make an effort to also ignore that your last name is `pants down'. Otherwise, I might laugh and we all know politics is a deathly serious business.

Self-contradictory invective? Let's get something straight. Our party is not apologising for nailing its colours to the mast. We are in the business of seeking power. Just like any other party. Have any lies been told in my post? No.

Fishing stocks? Ask Iceland how they have retained control over their cod and we wasted ours as entry to the old EEC in the 1970s.

The German economy? They have already broken the Euro Central Bank's policy on deficit financing of their budget. The one-fix solution advocated by this institution across multiple economies with varying needs is not helping the Euro economy. And never set too much store on exchange rates, it has never stopped the American economy from growing. Being half-German myself with family in Berlin, I can relate personally to the everyday realities of Germans. They long for the return of the Bundesbank. They still complain over never having a vote on whether to have the Euro over the Deustche Mark. And I won't even get started on their labour and union laws. Healthier economy than Britain's? You cannot be serious! On what grounds?

Are you saying, in closing, that British industry is down the tubes too? What industry might you be referring to? Let me know and I'll see if I can answer you next time.

Oh, by the way...Vote UKIP.

===============================================

Dear Newman,

I only wished you read my post before embarking on your comments, which unfortunately carry the potentially libellous reference to myself as being racist, and your device of `borderline' is arguably not a sufficient protective clause. Be very careful.

At no time did anyone's race enter my post. Any reference to the French or Germans is a reference to their political apparatus in my post. Let us also be clear that the terms French and Germans are not terms of race like Black or White either.

As for Kilroy. Well, he's not in the party anymore. And yes it was messy. And yes let us strike down those wicked UKIP people for having someone as a member who fell out with the party leadership. Goodness knows it has never happened anywhere else (sigh).

I made no reference to bananas or prawn cocktail crisps. I did make reference to key points of fact that you are welcome to refute. We are a political party and our business is seeking power. We are not a knitting club or a six-a-side football team. We are ordinary men and women who are fed up and are taking a stand for what we believe in. We are no worse in that respect than any other party.

Oh, by the way. The 2.6 million people that voted for us in 2004 can't ALL be wrong, can they? Good grief, Newman 6,452 of them live in Lewisham. Help! They might even pass you in the street! Take cover!

Vote UKIP.

Paddy Pantsdown

Re: A reply to Paddy and Newman

Post by Paddy Pantsdown »

Lewkip wrote:Fishing stocks? Ask Iceland how they have retained control over their cod and we wasted ours as entry to the old EEC in the 1970s.
You confuse me. You claim to believe in a free market. Because the British fishing industry appears not able to compete then protectionism is your answer?
Lewkip wrote:Are you saying, in closing, that British industry is down the tubes too? What industry might you be referring to? Let me know and I'll see if I can answer you next time.
Manufacturing industry generally and especially the well managed and competitive sectors who had built up substantial european markets. Clue: prior to the exchange rate/interest rate consequences of monetarism.

Nissan is an interesting exception ;-)
Newman

Post by Newman »

Look at this guy. You make a criticism of his party and he responds with threats of libel and 'be very careful'. Interesting.
admin
Site Admin

Re: A reply to Paddy and Newman

Post by admin »

Lewkip wrote:I only wished you read my post before embarking on your comments, which unfortunately carry the potentially libellous reference to myself as being racist, and your device of `borderline' is arguably not a sufficient protective clause. Be very careful.
Just a point - the moderators are here to judge what is allowed/disallowed. You can take issue with them in the Town Website section. Making threats or implying threats is not what you agreed to no matter what the provocation.

This is a hustings. Stuff will be overstated or sometimes just wrong. Correct it if you wish. Threatening libel just means we would have to close it down. I hope we can consider your statement as perhaps a little overstated in the heat of the moment.
Newman

Post by Newman »

Lewkip, it's a pity that you didn't read my post properly before responding with threats. My comments were not so much aimed at you and your post as the party as a whole and the way that they appeared in the BBC programme. I was merely making a personal observation, having sat through the programme and been throughly bemused by the people that you represent. To respond with threats of libel doesn't really put you or your party in a good light. You've done enough damage to your image in the last few months - don't make things even worse.

You mentioned that the Kilroy Silk affair was 'messy'. Understatement of the year. Of course, all political parties have internal bickering, but this went way beyond that. In the BBC programme mentioned elsewhere, Kilroy-Silk can be heard saying he was irritated by "defending some of these right-wing ******* ******." BTW, I've bleeped the last couple of words out of respect for admin, not through any fear of a backlash from you. Kilroy Silk was making reference to UKIP working with groups in Europe which believe homosexuality is a sin, amongst other things.

My personal favourite, however, came from Mike Nattrass, UKIP's deputy leader: "The Germans are the big losers here but they don't care because to them the project is worthwhile. It's like an empire for them spreading in all directions away from Germany into Hungary, into what they call the Sudetenland - Czechoslovakia, places like that. So it's cheaper for them to do it this way than roll the tanks in."

How could you not vote for these political heavyweights? :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

As it hard for the next posting not to contravene Godwin's Law I am closing this thread. I would appreciate it if it was not revisited elsewhere.

Godwin's Law? See here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Which means - I lost!