New Barber - Recommendation!

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
JMLF

New Barber - Recommendation!

Post by JMLF »

Thought I’d try the new small barber located sort of within the shoe repair shop next to shapers/bob’s wines at the station.

Just wanted to give a recommendation for the lovely Paris who only opened 10 days ago and gave me a lovely cut, is clearly very knowledgeable and skilled at his craft and made the whole experience much less of a chore than normal!

He plans to be open from 9.30/10 to 8pm weekdays and around 10 to 6pm at the weekends for the time being and is looking to get a second barber for his other chair at some point in the near future should things go well.

Have a lovely week,

Jon
The Clown

Re: New Barber - Recommendation!

Post by The Clown »

I know a great barbershop but it is in Tulse Hill - Fades n Blades - ask for Akram.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

JMLF wrote:Thought I’d try the new small barber located sort of within the shoe repair shop next to shapers/bob’s wines at the station.

Just wanted to give a recommendation for the lovely Paris who only opened 10 days ago and gave me a lovely cut, is clearly very knowledgeable and skilled at his craft and made the whole experience much less of a chore than normal!

He plans to be open from 9.30/10 to 8pm weekdays and around 10 to 6pm at the weekends for the time being and is looking to get a second barber for his other chair at some point in the near future should things go well.

Have a lovely week,

Jon
That will be VERY handy for me, I had no idea it was there, will try it out in the next few days, thanks for letting us know!
mosy

Post by mosy »

I mentioned the new one on Syd Station Approach to someone and they said they'd already been and thought it was excellent, i.e. for his youngish modern style, saying the barber took great care (and skill) especially re the gradation at the back. So, another recommendation :)

PS the shoe mender and key cutting section is still there at a different counter.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

Yup, I got home a bit early so I have been in for a much needed haircut. He really takes pride in his work, very friendly and most of all, it's very clean... a lot of barbers not so much.

+1 from me, I will be a regular there from now on rather than the one on Kirkdale by Tesco Express, I usually find myself there on a Saturday in a queue behind 3 schoolboys trying to persuade their mum to let them have lines cut in their hair lol.
syenhamboy

Post by syenhamboy »

The Clown wrote:I know a great barbershop but it is in Tulse Hill - Fades n Blades - ask for Akram.
Good to know however this post is a recommendation for the new barber in Sydenham and not everyone's favourite in South East London
Timbo79

Post by Timbo79 »

I tried the new barber on station approach, and add my recommendation, really happy with the cut and a friendly chap too. I'll definitely be going back.
syenhamboy

Post by syenhamboy »

Went here today, well I'm a convert and Paris is now my new barber.
He's super friendly and a total professional.
Got my ear hair flamed and my nasal hair waxed.
Oh and a super haircut.

Can't recommend enough.

Didn't feel rushed and felt very pampered.
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

Just went back for my second cut and every bit as good as the first - lots of time and effort goes into every cut and Paris is clearly not only very good at his job but a bit of a perfectionist to boot.

Fantastic barbers and definitely worth your money and time :)
MrScott

Post by MrScott »

Agee - have been there twice myself now and a really good guy and a great cut.
Mickey1

Post by Mickey1 »

How much is the new barber charging? I couldn't see a rates board up and didn't want to interrupt him when he was doing a cut.
Thanks
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

I’m pretty sure it’s £15 on the button and definitely worth it - especially as I’ve been lucky enough to get a quick beard trim/tidy-up at the same time.
chris 1961

Post by chris 1961 »

Mickey1 wrote:How much is the new barber charging? I couldn't see a rates board up and didn't want to interrupt him when he was doing a cut.
Thanks
£14.00 for a standard cut.
Sideofham

Post by Sideofham »

I recommend John's barbers in Lower Sydenham, a local barbers for local people.
Nick at Ignition

Post by Nick at Ignition »

On the strength of this recommendation of Paris, I went to get my hair and beard cut at his barber shop

Thank you, as it was a fantastic cut and I have had lots and lots of complements about my hair/beard

He is a superstar

Nick
Ghlpc

Post by Ghlpc »

Sideofham wrote: 16 Nov 2018 00:00 I recommend John's barbers in Lower Sydenham, a local barbers for local people.
I second that.
pip

Post by pip »

I have been using Johns for over 20 years and also give the thumbs up. Standard haircut 11 pounds. Johns son michael informed me that the shop is having a total refit some time this year.
syenhamboy

Post by syenhamboy »

Sideofham wrote: 16 Nov 2018 00:00 I recommend John's barbers in Lower Sydenham, a local barbers for local people.
Gotta love how a post gets hijacked. This post is about the Barbers near Sydenham station not your recommendation in downtown Dudley
Ghlpc

Post by Ghlpc »

syenhamboy wrote: 3 Feb 2019 12:21
Gotta love how a post gets hijacked. This post is about the Barbers near Sydenham station not your recommendation in downtown Dudley
Calm down sydenhamboy! this thread has shown not one, but two barbers in Sydenham that people recommend....that can only be a good thing no?!
cmacd

Post by cmacd »

Passed Paris’ barber shop the other day and it is closed (and stripped clean). Does anyone know if he moved somewhere else within Sydenham area?