Albion Millennium Green

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Deedee

Albion Millennium Green

Post by Deedee »

Hi there
Has anyone been to Albion Millennium Green lately. It seems homeless people are going to turn it into tent city. It started with one, now it has crept up to four.

There has been reports of them using the bushes as a toilet, and regular drug use.
I used to take my Grandson down to the green, but now feel unsafe.

Lewisham Council doesn't seem to care, because they do not own the land.

I have emailed the Sydenham Society, and Friends of Albion Millennium Green, and am still waiting for a reply.
I am not sure what can be done though.
Has anyone got any advice please.
It is such a shame a lovely green space could become a no go area.

Thank you
Tim Lund

Re: Albion Millennium Green

Post by Tim Lund »

I can report that local police are involved, and have asked Friends of Albion Millennium Green "not to engage"
Zsazsa

Post by Zsazsa »

I am worried by the complete lack of empathy towards these homeless people. Should we not show a little more humanity towards those who have found themselves in dire straights?
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Yes I do have empathy towards the homeless, but when it comes to them smoking crack, and heroin in front of my Grandson, ( A on duty police officer was informed) and then the next day, one of them does a poo in the bushes, whilst a local resident who lives very near to AMG, walks her dog, and they didn't even try to hide what they was doing.
That is where my empathy ends.
So basically we should allow that to happen because they are homeless?
So a beautiful green space, where children can explore, turns to crack city, but we should show empathy.. They got kicked out of Miriam Lodge for doing drugs, and not paying towards their rent! Please check with ML.
But hey let them stay in AMG, lets turn Sydenham into crack city, where people's cars are being broken into for small change, where drugs are openly smoked in a public space, because they are homeless. Are you really saying we need to show empathy for that?
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

I'm told the tents etc were being removed by the police this lunchtime.
Sideofham

Post by Sideofham »

They're just a bunch of crazy mixed up kids in a cold uncaring world. Me thinks a few hugs may go someway to show them they're not alone and the good folk of Sydenham feel their pain.