STF Users Meeting - arranged 1pm Sunday (NOT 12 noon)

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
JRW

Re: STF Users Meeting - arranged 1pm Sunday (NOT 12 noon)

Post by JRW »

Dear Dom

I am more than happy to identify myself as the attendee you are mocking. It is rather sad that your first act as a new broom at the forum is to be quite as unnecessarily rude as this, because I wanted to address one thing that wasn't on your extensive agenda.

Writing minutes is usually a trusted role, and your personal opinions of me are irrelevant. I am not going to use this forum any more, and I hope that one day, you contribute as much to the community as I have been doing. Over to you now.
Julia Webb

Dom Johnston wrote:
vbsydenham wrote:Great work Dom - All sounds pretty sensible so you can count on my support for any changes along those lines.
Dom Johnston wrote:So, there was 4 of us at the meeting yesterday. It was quite tricky to try and keep things focussed with one of the attendees constantly talking about people who post unpopular opinions etc. shouldn't be able to remain anonymous... Needless to say, they were alone in their thinking...
I suppose, in the spirit of that person's complaints, they should be identified so the rest of us know what we're dealing with? :wink:

Haha. Yea, I can totally understand why they thought that way for people to be held accountable, however, it was 3 to 1 in favour of keeping names anonymous. So in the spirit of democracy, they can keep their name hidden. :D
Dom Johnston

Post by Dom Johnston »

JRW wrote:Dear Dom

I am more than happy to identify myself as the attendee you are mocking. It is rather sad that your first act as a new broom at the forum is to be quite as unnecessarily rude as this, because I wanted to address one thing that wasn't on your extensive agenda.

Writing minutes is usually a trusted role, and your personal opinions of me are irrelevant. I am not going to use this forum any more, and I hope that one day, you contribute as much to the community as I have been doing. Over to you now.
Julia Webb

Good morning Julia,

We have been discussing this privately, so I fail to see the need to post this other than to try and exacerbate a situation which we have chatted about in quite a lot of detail.

My post isn't mocking you in any way, shape or form. I think you will find that I acknowledged your reasoning behind why you think names should be shown, but the overall vote was for anonymity to remain if people so wish.

My plan was to inform those who didn't attend the meeting exactly what happened and was discussed in the hope that they could see progress was made and democracy was at work and would then want to attend a meeting in the future.

I do hope that you can see this now. I appreciate that upon reading things straight away, it would've, of course, upset of infuriated you, but hope that now the dust has settled somewhat, you can see that I was intending to inform people of exactly what was discussed during the meeting.

I would like it to be known that Julia was an active participant in the meeting and was very constructive too. Yes, we did go over the anonymity issue several times, but I would like it to be on record that she did contribute positively to meeting as a whole and was extremely passionate about Sydenham and the future of our little suburb.

Regards,

Dom
topofthehill

Post by topofthehill »

I was not at the meeting due to health and mobility problems but have read the minutes with interest

To obviate a similar situation to that complained of arising in the future, I would suggest that draft minutes be sent for approval to all attendees before being placed on public record.

It would also be good if attendees could be named, albeit under their forum pseudonyms. This is not to suggest that Admin should be named.

Having prepared agendae and minutes for some nine years in the past, I did feel that the passage complained of could have been framed more objectively.
stuart

Post by stuart »

I haven't been around for a few days so I didn't realise an attendence list was an issue. I am happy to be revealed as a part of the quartet. But if people don't want to be identified then I'm happy with that too. It would be bad if it put anybody off from attending another.

Thanks Dom for organising it. Let's build on the bits we can all agree on.

Stuart
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

Dear topofthehill

You may have noticed that a response to you on another forum has been censored.

The comment made was a light hearted attempt at humour to your “second” comment for AIO.
topofthehill wrote:

Having prepared agendae and minutes for some nine years in the past, I did feel that the passage complained of could have been framed more objectively.
It would be disappointing if this was seen as agressive. The 22 remark is a countdown to AIO closure

Perhaps the mod there does not know that we know one another.

I have received an accusatorial email from him - again.

Threatened with a further ban - again.

I trust you are well.
topofthehill

Post by topofthehill »

Sorry I am completely lost. Didn't see any response from you and why was it made on another forum?

Probably being very dim - have had a long, hard day.
topofthehill

Post by topofthehill »

I have just seen your post. Why did you post on Chris Beach's forum when my post was on this forum and clearly appertaining to the meeting of Sydenham forumites?
My post on SE23.life was merely seconding a recommendation of All Inn One as a Sunday roast venue.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Slightly off-topic, but I saw JGD’s comment on the other forum and was completely perplexed by it and it did sound as if JGD was having a dig at topofthehill in some obscure way. I’m glad to hear that wasn’t the case.
Sideofham

Post by Sideofham »

Admin, apologies tried to turn up to the meeting but went to the wrong venue, spent 2hours nursing halh a pint of Beck's in the Dolphin!!! If we are going down the annoymity route does anyone know how I change my login to Romeo T wildbeast?
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

Are any of the issues raised in this thread being taken forward by anyone?
KEVD

Post by KEVD »

Yes, it would be good to find out if things have happened.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Things are happening, but the change to the look of the forum is complicated and will take a tad longer than was thought. Please be a little more patient!
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

Good, thanks.
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

Just encountered the new forum style.

Looks good.

Congrats to Dom for organising the meeting, those who attended and to Stuart who arranged the actual changes.
JGD

Post by JGD »

Have observed some new features.

[News] and [About Us]- well both seem new to me.

Like them.