Payless, Sydenham

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Re: Payless, Sydenham

Post by JGD »

The vehicle has an MOT that will expire in Feb 2019.

It is insured.

It has a road fund license.

The vehicle registration is known to UK systems.

Leaves the question of cloning.
sydenham_boiz

Post by sydenham_boiz »

This car, until recently, was parked up on the pavement quite regularly whenever the loading bay outside was at full capacity.

Seen multiple hand-to-hands conducted from the car window, and it is one of the main culprits for noise.

Not seen it around for a week or so and the shop is now almost permanently closed...
alywin

Post by alywin »

JGD wrote:The vehicle has an MOT that will expire in Feb 2019.

It is insured.

It has a road fund license.

The vehicle registration is known to UK systems.

Leaves the question of cloning.
Presumably you cross-referenced the colour and make as well?
Andyb

Post by Andyb »

has Any of this been report to police etc
KEVD

Post by KEVD »

Went past yesterday and the door had been padlocked. No sign of anyone about.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

KEVD wrote:Went past yesterday and the door had been padlocked. No sign of anyone about.

They only open at night now. Sometimes as late as 11pm, then close again by 6-7am
rustya

Post by rustya »

Can't wait to see the place close.
In recent months the hoards of anti social behaviour has been detrimental to surrounding businesses who just want to make a living, and not breed undesirables gathering outside - doing drugs, and in one case I heard about, assaulting a pedestrian.
TeresaR

Post by TeresaR »

The sooner the Payless Shop closes the better, it is a complete eyesore and am surprised they get any footfall at all! I wonder who the leaseholder is and if the lease is due to end? Or maybe are they looking to open something else, if so judging by how it looks now that is not a good omen.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

TeresaR wrote: 8 Jan 2019 15:10 The sooner the Payless Shop closes the better, it is a complete eyesore and am surprised they get any footfall at all! I wonder who the leaseholder is and if the lease is due to end? Or maybe are they looking to open something else, if so judging by how it looks now that is not a good omen.
It's 1am and it is still shut and padlocked with all the rubbish and waste outside. Whoever bought this business from the original owners clearly doesnt care at all.
TeresaR

Post by TeresaR »

Surely the business is making a loss and can't sustain itself. We can only live in hope that the lease is coming to an end and they will close for good soon. Worth keeping a close eye on goings on there in the meantime.
witchesrave

Post by witchesrave »

I walked by around midnight on the 23rd December, turning into the 24th. The shop was open, padlock gone and two of them where sat outside chatting and smoking. After a little Christmas drink I decided to confront them and ask why they’d allowed food to rot outside for weeks, much to the detriment of the local businesses either side and told them how disgusting it was. They didn’t much care about that I was saying and seemed more amused by it. Tried to fob off an excuse about something to do with the landlord and their ceiling leaking/not getting fixed or something...hope it’s closed down for good tbh.
angela53

Post by angela53 »

I wonder if this is an issue for reporting to the Environmental Health Department as it concerns food. Also if food is rotting outside the premises it will attract rats.
parker

Post by parker »

angela53 wrote: 9 Jan 2019 17:54 I wonder if this is an issue for reporting to the Environmental Health Department as it concerns food. Also if food is rotting outside the premises it will attract rats.
I was going to suggest similar when looking at this thread before. The Food Standards Agency gave it a hygiene rating of 2, back in April 2017. I have noticed not so long ago out of date food and drink in there, and little pallets
of mouse/rat poison under the shelves. The FSA or Environmental Health would be a very good start in finding out what’s really going on in there.
TeresaR

Post by TeresaR »

Shop still closed and things getting worse as a rat 🐀 was seen scuttling opposite the Greyhound by the shop on Friday eve. I have dropped environmental health a line also the department who looks after licences to use the pavement / highway to alert them to these issues. It may well be they don’t have a current license if so they can perhaps be reported for fly tipping and it all removed.
TeresaR

Post by TeresaR »

Received this from Lewisham Environmental Team. Lets hope things will be tidied up soon.

Thank you for your complaint. It appears that this matter is under investigation by the Councils Enforcement Team, who are currently investigating the anti-social behaviour of individuals linked to the premises, along with other issues. The London Fire Authority are also following up on fire safety within the building.

I shall be visiting the premises to establish details of your complaint. All information obtained will be forwarded to the Enforcement Team for information. I shall keep you informed as to the outcome of my inspection.

Should you require further information please do not hesitate to contact.

Kind regards

Ms Yoland Hosten
Environmental Health Officer - Food and Safety Team
stuart

Post by stuart »

It's all over now ... posted on the front of the shop:

I wonder who is now responsible for moving the rotting wreckage at the front?

Stuart
rustya

Post by rustya »

very pleased this disgraceful eyesore will be removed from sight
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

Yeah, apologies, I should have posted an update.

It hadnt opened since New years day. Environmental health and various other departments could not reach the leaseholder who basically didn't care. Even after an attempted break in a couple of weeks ago, the leaseholder wanted nothing to do with it and the property owner was saying it was the leaseholder's responsibility.

Thankfully, the leaseholder's agreement is now cancelled and a local shop owner that I know well is taking it over. Gutting it out and starting again, still a foodstore. I won't say who without getting their permission first, but hopefully in 6-8 weeks it should look very different.
Ghlpc

Post by Ghlpc »

Shame, ideal for another little restaurant/bar to continue the wave at Cobbs Corner.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

TeresaR wrote: 16 Jan 2019 16:15 Received this from Lewisham Environmental Team. Lets hope things will be tidied up soon.

Thank you for your complaint. It appears that this matter is under investigation by the Councils Enforcement Team, who are currently investigating the anti-social behaviour of individuals linked to the premises, along with other issues. The London Fire Authority are also following up on fire safety within the building.

I shall be visiting the premises to establish details of your complaint. All information obtained will be forwarded to the Enforcement Team for information. I shall keep you informed as to the outcome of my inspection.

Should you require further information please do not hesitate to contact.

Kind regards

Ms Yoland Hosten
Environmental Health Officer - Food and Safety Team
Four months later, several emails to Environment Health and other council departments by myself and my neighbours and still nothing has been cleared. So, I took matters into my own hands, lets see if the council clear the 12 council domestic rubbish bags I have left out for collection with all that non domestic rubbish in it.

I didnt have a yard broom to do a good job of the leaves etc, hopefully some wind and rain will take care of that.