Any news on...

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
SydenhamOwl

Any news on...

Post by SydenhamOwl »

That dilapidated building next to the Sivyer yard (down towards the Alfred pub/Lower end of the High St)? I thought planning permission had been approved for a new development but no sign of anything happening.

Apologies I know there was a thread on this somewhere but I can't see it.
Holaquease

Re: Any news on...

Post by Holaquease »

I wondered the same thing as I walked past it this evening.
John H

Post by John H »

A lot of demolition work went on but it came to a halt. I believe there is an intention to purchase Sivyer's yard and incorporate that. If so then a revised planning application should be expected BUT no news so far.

If Sivyer's yard is closed it will be a day for widespread celebration and I am sure everyone in the Knighton Park Road area will throw a street party.
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

John H wrote: 15 Jan 2019 12:50 A lot of demolition work went on but it came to a halt. I believe there is an intention to purchase Sivyer's yard and incorporate that. If so then a revised planning application should be expected BUT no news so far.

If Sivyer's yard is closed it will be a day for widespread celebration and I am sure everyone in the Knighton Park Road area will throw a street party.
As a resident of KPR, the Sivyer yard doesn't really bother us. I reckon if you lived in the flats in Hillmore Grove you might be relieved, but the lorries don't come down the street or anything and can't hear the noise from the depot. They are diesel guzzlers though that would be better off out of the way for sure, but to be honest there is so much traffic on the high street, I doubt it makes much difference.

It would definitely tidy the place up down our end of the world however as the shops and surroundings between the car wash and Bell Green do need some love.
John H

Post by John H »

Sydenham Syd wrote: 16 Jan 2019 10:21
John H wrote: 15 Jan 2019 12:50 A lot of demolition work went on but it came to a halt. I believe there is an intention to purchase Sivyer's yard and incorporate that. If so then a revised planning application should be expected BUT no news so far.

As a resident of KPR, the Sivyer yard doesn't really bother us. I reckon if you lived in the flats in Hillmore Grove you might be relieved, but the lorries don't come down the street or anything and can't hear the noise from the depot. They are diesel guzzlers though that would be better off out of the way for sure, but to be honest there is so much traffic on the high street, I doubt it makes much difference.

It would definitely tidy the place up down our end of the world however as the shops and surroundings between the car wash and Bell Green do need some love.
As a resident of KPR I cannot wait to see the back of Sivyer's… The pollution of the air we breath is something I want to see eliminated. In addition the deliberate blockading of Sydenham Road with Sivyer's trucks reversing into the dangerous entrance at peak traffic hours would cease. (The latter policy was admitted by Sivyer at a public meeting some time ago).
CCC

Post by CCC »

I have been directed to this forum.

I can confirm that Sivyers yard is not for sale and never has been, not sure where that rumour came from.
prince

Post by prince »

CCC wrote: 15 Feb 2019 17:08 I have been directed to this forum.

I can confirm that Sivyers yard is not for sale and never has been, not sure where that rumour came from.
Thank you CCC. Can i ask in what capacity you confirm that it is not for sale? Are you the owner?
JRW

Post by JRW »

And if you know the owner, can he explain why he has continued to run his business in such an inconsiderate way? Get him to message this forum , and ask for feedback.......
John H

Post by John H »

CCC wrote: 15 Feb 2019 17:08 I have been directed to this forum.

That may be the case. However that does not mean it will not be sold if the right offer comes along. Meanwhile I think it is time someone took a look at the entrance on Health and Safety grounds. It is lethal.

If the entrance is condemned it is hard to see how Sivyer could continue to operate from there.
John H

Post by John H »

I see CCC joined this group only yesterday.