New council homes

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Growsydenham

New council homes

Post by Growsydenham »

The council intends to demolish the unsightly and redundant warehouse on Mayow Road for new social housing, partly funded by the NHS.

From the council report:

“Mayow Road will deliver c.33 units of new social housing. This will be made up of c.27 new Temporary Accommodation (TA) family sized homes for homeless families, as well as 6 new Supported Living homes for residents with learning disabilities.”

http://councilmeetings.lewisham.gov.uk/ ... lition.pdf

Given the current homelessness crisis, I hope this is something the community can get behind and make a success of.
alywin

Re: New council homes

Post by alywin »

Ah - Canonbie Road - hill starts!!

Very pleased to hear this, and I hope it all proceeds smoothly, at both locations.
gillyjp

Post by gillyjp »

Growsydenham wrote: 17 Feb 2019 10:01 The council intends to demolish the unsightly and redundant warehouse on Mayow Road for new social housing, partly funded by the NHS.

From the council report:

“Mayow Road will deliver c.33 units of new social housing. This will be made up of c.27 new Temporary Accommodation (TA) family sized homes for homeless families, as well as 6 new Supported Living homes for residents with learning disabilities.”

http://councilmeetings.lewisham.gov.uk/ ... lition.pdf

Given the current homelessness crisis, I hope this is something the community can get behind and make a success of.
I truly welcome this. However one can only hope that the supporting infrastructure for Sydenham is increased proportionate to the increase in residents. It's hard enough getting a Drs appointment living here at the best of times.
Growsydenham

Post by Growsydenham »

Did anyone else attend this?

The designs look excellent - stylish brick construction with balconies and brickwork detailings, and by an architect who lives in the neighbourhood. The council officer said they'd had a supportive response so far.