What's happened to SEE3?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
stuart

What's happened to SEE3?

Post by stuart »

Their website is promoting last Christmas - http://www.see3.co.uk/

Stuart
mosy

Re: What's happened to SEE3?

Post by mosy »

I recall a poster would ask regularly what happened to the funding ascribed to SEE3, but never got very far. Maybe one of current councillors can find out what the situation is, preferably obtaining confirmatory accounts as to where the money and any residual unspent money went?
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

Interesting.

There are substantial pockets of s106 monies allocated over many years from the several phases of the Bell Green SE6 and SE23 retail development and recently been acknowledged by LB Lewisham as being held by them.

There is only one summary report first created by LB Lewisham in 2014 and updated in 2016 which showed aggregate sums of monies collected. From memory and separate public pronouncement some of these monies were distributed to developments/projects in Sydenham Town Centre, in Forest Hill Town Centre and thirdly to the Portas Pilot Scheme and were in the order of £15k, £12k and £85k respectively. That level of detail is not present in the report but some of these were shown as having been allocated and presumably spent and it has always been a working assumption on my part that SEE3 and its many projects were beneficiaries, directly and indirectly.

The report contains no detail on what the money was spent on or indeed where.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Their twitter account is still very active. Lots of RTs and their last stand alone tweet was promoting the Easter Bonnet making event.

https://twitter.com/see3portaspilot/sta ... 66496?s=21
stuart

Post by stuart »

Thank you Rachael. So why are they playing dead?

Problem is Google directs you to what looks like defunct website. Not a good advert for Sydenham & Forest Hill retail when it needs it. Just like sydenhamtowncentre.com was allowed to unnecessarily die despite much public money being pumped into them. And remember Sydenham TownTalk? Another doomed attempt to talk up our town centre by Lewisham - who I have to say are rather clueless in this area. [I'll try and not mention Lewisham Online].

Stuart