Sunday - Finally a day of peace

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Parker1970

Sunday - Finally a day of peace

Post by Parker1970 »

Today the Harbor 321 Fishbar is closed and as such their fire alarm that has been going off for 6 days straight is silent.

Peace. Serenity.

I complained to them twice on Friday Evening about the alarm constantly going off, a young employee told me the alarm company are not answering their phone.. I replied "an alarm company not answering their phone for 5 days? you expect me to believe that"... he replied" Believe what you want, I dont care"...

So.. I have reported the alarm to the noise department of the council and also reported the potential fire risk of a premises that stocks oil, has heated deep fat fryers and grills with a faulty fire alarm..

I urge any other immedaite neighbours who are fed up with the constant alarm siren to do the same, you can do so online.

https://lewisham.gov.uk/myservices/Envi ... sturbances

https://www.london-fire.gov.uk/contact-us/
witchesrave

Re: Sunday - Finally a day of peace

Post by witchesrave »

I’m fairly certain that the alarm actually going off was above the ATM for Sainsbury’s. If you go in and tell them, they switch it off. It is obviously faulty but they will turn it off once made aware.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

witchesrave wrote: 18 May 2019 14:42 I’m fairly certain that the alarm actually going off was above the ATM for Sainsbury’s. If you go in and tell them, they switch it off. It is obviously faulty but they will turn it off once made aware.
No, it's not, I know that one as it has gone off before and the staff at Sainsbury always sort it out quite quickly, it is the fish & chip shop, I have been in there a few times to complain when it is going off. Sadly they seem to be doing nothing about it. I'd guess they have not paid their contract to the alarm company or owe them money or something, hence its not getting resolved. Two weeks now.

I've emailed the noise nuisance team and Lewisham's fire safety team every time it has gone off this week, which is every day. Twice today already.
witchesrave

Post by witchesrave »

The alarm that went off today twice was the Sainsbury’s alarm because I went in and told them and they turned it off...
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

witchesrave wrote: 18 May 2019 15:56 The alarm that went off today twice was the Sainsbury’s alarm because I went in and told them and they turned it off...
Five times today, and it is the fish & chip shop, I have been over to it and it is their siren sounding, but they are closed so no one to shut it off.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

Make that 6 times today.... 00:30hrs
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

And again now at 01:20 :(
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

i am reliably informed that if the alarm sounder is accessible, the injection of expanding polystyrene foam into the workings significantly reduces the alarm volume.

Not that any law abiding sleepless citizen who has had to endure its illegal operation over many weeks and been driven to the edge of madness would contemplate doing such a thing.

It is not vandalism - the effect is temporary when the foam is removed and you are not depriving the putative owner of its services permanently therefore it is not theft. Indeed you might be viewed benevolently by the many as an ongoing breach of the peace will have been halted and peace and quiet restored.
LemonPickle

Post by LemonPickle »

Parker1970 wrote: 19 May 2019 23:30 Make that 6 times today.... 00:30hrs
Yes it is unbearable. I talked to Sainsbury's and they've denied any involvement. Also reported thr noise disturbance via council website.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

Its been quiet for a few days now since I saw them up a ladder in the siren box. Though I suspect they did not want to pay for the alarm company to fix it is because of some signs that went up today saying it is closed until 31st May when it opens under new management as "Ocean Fish Bar" where on opening day they will be doing CODE+CHIPS for £3.99... Yes, it does say Code.... :P :P :P :P