Freeview reception problems?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham

Moderator: frenzarin

JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (yup - that's Bellingham Ward and includes Bell Green which is NOT in Sydenham)

Re: Freeview reception problems?

Post by JGD »

mosy wrote:
1 Jul 2020 17:49
Go on, you know you want to :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

alywin

Post by alywin »

JGD wrote:
1 Jul 2020 08:10
Transmission bands in the UK were "cleared out" somewhat starting over two years ago to accommodate 5G.

The Freeview bods restructured their bands and decreed that older forms of external aerials were no longer technically suited for the job of receiving the re-organised bands and offered free aerial renewals and re-tuning. It worked fairly well for a lot of people but I am not sure what the take up rate was.

I think that may provide a pointer to you that an old ring aerial might just be a tad below par.
Ah, that might explain a lot. I'm guessing they didn't do a lot to advertise it - like actually put messages on the TV where people might see them?

BTW, when I say ring aerial I mean something along the lines of this - except possibly a bit cheaper?:

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9308332 ... lp:term:tv aerial:4:19:1

alywin

Post by alywin »

While looking through the Argos catalogue, I noticed that most of the aerials have 3G/4G-blocking features. That made me wonder: could phone signals be a possible cause of the loss of picture, especially if someone tends to make calls at a similar time of day?