Free CPR training event tomorrow, Wednesday 16th October

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Jacks

Free CPR training event tomorrow, Wednesday 16th October

Post by Jacks »

Hi all!

I'm a volunteer with Crystal Palace St. John Ambulance on Crystal Palace Park Road. This Wednesday, 16th October, we are hosting a 'Learn First Aid for Free' event as part of the Restart a Heart Campaign which we would like to welcome as many of you as possible to join us for.

Details:
Time? 7.30pm
Where? Crystal Palace St John Ambulance Unit, Crystal Palace Park Road (pretty much half way between Sydenham Avenue and Lawrie Park Road)
How long? About 1 hour
What? Learn and practise CPR (we will have the adult and paediatric dummies out, we also have electronic dummies that give you feedback about the quality of your CPR!)
Learn to use a defibrillator
Why? Because CPR guidelines are forever changing so why not keep up to date or refresh your skills?
You never know when you might be in a situation with an adult or child where you need to know CPR.
Because you'd probably like someone to save you if they could, so why not learn to save someone else!!

This is also a great opportunity for anyone who is thinking of joining us to come and find out more, meet members of your local unit and see if you like us!

Let me know any questions, otherwise I hope to see some of you this Wednesday!

Thanks!

Cat