Gentrifiers

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Re: Gentrifiers

Post by JGD »

shadyduck wrote: 17 Feb 2020 18:49 As a “cliche” gentrifier (who can, and does afford Islington) but have bought in Sydenham, why would you suggest that it’s those families who “aren’t from around here” are the issue? More like bikers who flaunt rules if the road are only exclusive to SE London? Grow up.
STF (about shadyduck) wrote: Joined:17 Feb 2020 18:42
Last active:17 Feb 2020 19:08
Strange set of facts.

Poster shadyduck sets themselves up on the forum and posts their first contentious and accusative assertion that something is all the fault of bikers.

Zero to all out attack in under 30 minutes.

Not so much as a "hello, I'm new to the forum, how is everyone on here".

And an admonishment to grow up thrown in for good measure.

I recognise the style, I'm sure I've seen it somewhere but I'm hard-pressed to put my finger precisely on where I've witnessed it before.

Can anyone help ?
syd

Post by syd »

JGD wrote: 17 Feb 2020 21:28
shadyduck wrote: 17 Feb 2020 18:49 As a “cliche” gentrifier (who can, and does afford Islington) but have bought in Sydenham, why would you suggest that it’s those families who “aren’t from around here” are the issue? More like bikers who flaunt rules if the road are only exclusive to SE London? Grow up.
Strange set of facts.

Poster shadyduck sets themselves up on the forum and posts their first contentious and accusative assertion that something is all the fault of bikers.

I recognise the style, I'm sure I've seen it somewhere but I'm hard-pressed to put my finger precisely on where I've witnessed it before.

Can anyone help ?
Don’t mess with the JGD!!
Sideofham

Post by Sideofham »

Hey man there's no reason for normal folk and bikers to argue, can't we all just get along?
syd

Post by syd »

Sideofham wrote: 18 Feb 2020 18:48 Hey man there's no reason for normal folk and bikers to argue, can't we all just get along?
Never had a problem using that route for on and off around 29 years and now it’s a problem? It makes no sense
shadyduck

Post by shadyduck »

My sincere apologies JGD. How long do I need to be part of the forum prior to posting? Please let me know so as not to offend or break forum rules.

I am tired of road users flaunting road rules, seems pretty commonplace these days.

I am also tired of the cliche of “people from not around here”. I am also tired of the tired cliche of people who have/do live in Islington.

Sydenham is part of an ever evolving London, with people and areas changing all the time. When we moved in, I was accused by a neighbour of being the reason their children couldn’t afford to buy around their family home.

JGD wrote: 17 Feb 2020 21:28
Strange set of facts.

Can anyone help ?