Barclays closing in October

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Nic

Barclays closing in October

Post by Nic »

The Sydenham branch of Barclays will be closing on 14 October 2020

https://home.barclays/content/dam/home- ... 26xRRf8rOU
alywin

Re: Barclays closing in October

Post by alywin »

Damn. I appreciated being able to interact with human beings still :( Now the only option will be Beckenham, which I try and avoid like the plague because I hate it and its machines so much.
simon

Post by simon »

I'm annoyed by this, but mainly because I never wanted to be a Barclays customer in the first place. I was a member of the Woolwich, which had the branch until demutualisation 1997. Barclays said at the time that they bought the Woolwich for its brilliant customer service, then promptly closed on the of the tills making customer service worse. They were just after the mortgage book.
So we're left with Lloyds and HSBC, but for how long?
I think a lot local businesses will be switching accounts.
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

simon wrote: 23 Jul 2020 22:03 I'm annoyed by this, but mainly because I never wanted to be a Barclays customer in the first place. I was a member of the Woolwich, which had the branch until demutualisation 1997. Barclays said at the time that they bought the Woolwich for its brilliant customer service, then promptly closed on the of the tills making customer service worse. They were just after the mortgage book.
So we're left with Lloyds and HSBC, but for how long?
I think a lot local businesses will be switching accounts.
Barclays bought the Woolwich for its very juicy and profitable loan book. Customer service would have been way down the list and essentially marketing puff.