The NHS COVID-19 app

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
mosy

Re: The NHS COVID-19 app

Post by mosy »

Robin Orton wrote: 2 Nov 2020 10:57...[clip]...The Tory party must do its patriotic duty and boot them out forthwith.
I probably won't live long enough to see that happen, unless a few £10m golden handshakes get lost among the £billions already wasted.

I've no doubt top dogs and underlings are all working 24/7 (some more than others) and wanting to succeed but with a system that seems to fall down at every stage it's hard to see when success will come ever under current leaders.
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

mosy wrote: 2 Nov 2020 18:51 I've no doubt top dogs and underlings are all working 24/7 (some more than others) ........
That is what the PM and his Cabinet have incessantly and repetitiously told us - or at least have done once they got round to belatedly realising there was a real threat from CV-19.

It would make you wonder how they found the time to questionably let so many multi-billion pound contracts for worthless and useless products procured from their inner circles of friends, families and Tory party-donor associates.

Or is it too cynical to think that, in fact, the spreading of the largesse was the primary activity that took up all of their time - 24/7 or otherwise?

Fool me once - shame on you - fool me twice - shame on me.

Do you remember the Tory Cabinet Minister explaining on TV that a pair of latex gloves counted as ten items supplied to the NHS at a time when they needed to boast about their superlative efforts to ramp up procurement of supplies by misleading us about the inflated millions (if not billions) of items supplied. Probably all bought from his pal.
mosy

Post by mosy »

Evidence from results (lack of) shows that much money generously bestowed on uncompetitive bids was pointless. Had the results been successful it might have been easier to stomach the blatant excess, but for failure? Also hard to stomach that companies willing to step in who could do the job or make a valuable contribution were ignored. Hard questions to answer when enquiries start?

I'll lay bets on "did the right thing at the time time" and "it's absolutely right we did that". With secondary bets on "absolutely right to ask that question" and "that's a very valid question" ("so I'll ignore it answer about something else").

As for lies, damn lies and statistics, Mr Johnson is still quoting world-beating testing capacity as if it makes a jot of difference. What's the point if the tests aren't or can't be processed with a rapid turnaround time and can't be applied in hotspots where they are needed that have been known about for months, e.g. airports, care homes, schools.

Not cynicism as much as despair as time goes on.
alywin

Post by alywin »

JGD wrote: 2 Nov 2020 20:05Do you remember the Tory Cabinet Minister explaining on TV that a pair of latex gloves counted as ten items supplied to the NHS at a time when they needed to boast about their superlative efforts to ramp up procurement of supplies by misleading us about the inflated millions (if not billions) of items supplied. Probably all bought from his pal.
Must be the same logic as what they apply to NHS support stockings - which come in a pack of two, but you pay one prescription charge per stocking, I guess.