Anybody seen a gritter?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
stuart

Anybody seen a gritter?

Post by stuart »

Kirkdale is white over and so is Lawrie Park Road. Both important bus routes. But I haven't seen a gritter this week. This applies to my expeditions into our neighbouring boroughs. Same applies to footpaths. Have we given up on this or have I missed something?

Stuart
Parker1970

Re: Anybody seen a gritter?

Post by Parker1970 »

I saw one going towards the high street from Cobbs Corner around 730pm last night.
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Not a seen a one!

Also, the pathway up to Sydenham station from Silverdale could do with some grit as some of us still need to use and it is notoriously slippery :shock: - have contacted Lewisham Council but it would appear nothing has been done...not gone over yet, but I fear it is only a matter of time :oops:
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

I was out there.

Snow clearing.

Twice.

Gritted pavements.

Twice over.

Does that count?
pip

Post by pip »

Grit and determination. :roll:
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Thank you Lewisham Council. Good work! :D
alywin

Post by alywin »

One came round as I was getting off the bus at the Penge East stop this evening. Scattered a bit (but not much) of something - on a completely cleared road, so I hope it was just precautionary. Unfortunately, it's the side roads which really need - and rarely get - gritting: the junction of Venner and Wiverton Roads looked as though it had skating-rink potential.