Delivery scooters all parked down Spring Hill

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
gillyjp

Delivery scooters all parked down Spring Hill

Post by gillyjp »

We're getting really fed up with the amount of takeaway delivery scooters parked down Spring Hill. They can't all be operating for Nandos. We have a hunch that they all congregate there as a meeting point and probably service numerous take away places. They are noisy, play football to amuse themselves and have no regard for the local residents. More to the point there is definitely no social distancing going on. By mid morning every day they are all there. Residents trying to access the high street have to walk down the middle of Spring Hill to keep a socially acceptable distance from them.

I really feel for the residents in the flats above Nandos as it must be like running the gauntlet every time they venture out.
f4monty

Re: Delivery scooters all parked down Spring Hill

Post by f4monty »

It might be worth reporting to Safer Sydenham team. There is an option for anti-social behaviour

https://www.met.police.uk/a/your-area/l ... 6&stepid=1
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

It's not just Nandos. Sainsbury's local now does Uber delivery.

I too noticed how many were parked there recently.. it's become a scooter park.
syd

Post by syd »

I I may be a bit biased but these delivery drivers are the best thing that has happened!!

I haven't been to a supermarket since the pandemic began and I wonder how many lives they’ve saved doing this work. I think if you live on a main road you'd expect some noise so to me they are an emergency service!!

Ive noticed that there is a quiet attack started on mopeds and motorcycles, many roads have been recently blocked and the no motor vehicle sign has started popping up all over south London whereas before the lockdown they were a rare sight. To me its an attack on working class job as only cyclist can use those routes so the riders travel further increasing pollution and its another headache for them.

I I think this needs an explanation I always thought 2 wheels were better but the Nimbys are probably on the councills
El Cid

Post by El Cid »

While the mopeds parked on Spring Hill are providing a valuable delivery service, as a pedestrian, you really have to pay extra attention when crossing the road between Nando's and Sainsbury's. The mopeds have a habit of zipping in and out of Spring Hill, and weaving between traffic at the roundabout.
syd

Post by syd »

El Cid wrote: 5 Apr 2021 22:33 While the mopeds parked on Spring Hill are providing a valuable delivery service, as a pedestrian, you really have to pay extra attention when crossing the road between Nando's and Sainsbury's. The mopeds have a habit of zipping in and out of Spring Hill, and weaving between traffic at the roundabout.
[/quote

Ill contact the council the see if it can be made into a pedestrian priority road by raising the pavement. Have you got any pictures?