Lidl relocation plans?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
JRW

Lidl relocation plans?

Post by JRW »

Just an aspiration, as yet. Lidl are on the lookout for a new site. Great timing, now the gym has taken over Safeways / Co-op / Morrisons........
https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/1929 ... ps/?ref=ar
RJM

Re: Lidl relocation plans?

Post by RJM »

Interesting - I wonder where they could go. It would be a pity, as it's a handy location now and has parking! (not a concern for me, but I know it is for others)
Pally

Post by Pally »

I would prefer it to stay where it is too. Very handy!
JRW

Post by JRW »

Such a shame the gym has taken up the best site.
stuart

Post by stuart »

JRW wrote: 14 May 2021 12:08 Such a shame the gym has taken up the best site.
From eye the square footage of the Co-op is probably less than the existing Lidl if you include storage. More sensible to aquire and combine the adjoining Bishop's Furniure perhaps? All the checkouts and queues would fit in there comfortably making the entrance a lot more open aand expansive, Though I think Lidl prefer bigger new builds these days. The Penge store was just too small to carry the range.

Stuart
JRW

Post by JRW »

I agree, that would make sense, but Bishops are totally entitled to not be pushed out of the way! If they want to sell their space, though, now's the time to do it.

I understood that the gym space is a lot larger than the shop ever used, due to the state of the roof. Such a large first floor, though, with a goods lift, would allow them to manage their stock much better.

It's all theoretical now, though. The gym is here.