The drains on the corner of Sydenham Rd and Highclere street

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
monkey woo

The drains on the corner of Sydenham Rd and Highclere street

Post by monkey woo »

Is anyone else upset by the state of the drains on the corner of Sydenham Rd and Highclere street? You know, the ones that spew sewage all over the pavement.

I've emailed the council and Jim Dowd about it but haven't had any response. Is there some other body I can contact to get them fixed?
lbere

Post by lbere »

Hi, let me tell you that those drains have been like that for at least the last twenty years. I used to stand at that bus stop in the mornings, in peoples bath water, going to school and it was awful then. I think it was said at one stage that the drains are so old that they cannot cope with the amount of waste that the large number of people who now live in the flats produce.
Have you seen the 'fat' that is lying in the street outside the Jerk Chicken shop opposite the library? Its awful and the smell is gross. I have been onto the council, but surprise surprise nothing has been done.
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

I know exactly what you mean, it looks like washing machine water churning out. I was wondering if anything can be done about it?

If you find another contact post it here & I'll send one in as well.
monkey woo

Lewisham Environmental health

Post by monkey woo »

Well, on Monday I'm going to phone the environmental health people on 020 8314 6420. Hopefully they will find it harder to ignore a call.

http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/ContactUs/Co ... ential.htm

I'm also going to send off some emails to our local councillors:
http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/CouncilAndDe ... s/Sydenham
mummycat

Post by mummycat »

Next time it happen, take a photo and send it to www.lovelewisham.org.uk
if you have the technology.
Howard Staunton

Post by Howard Staunton »

mummycat wrote:Next time it happen, take a photo and send it to www.lovelewisham.org.uk if you have the technology.
I think that link should be www.lovelewisham.org