Angry with Jim Dowd

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Paddy Pantsdown

Angry with Jim Dowd

Post by Paddy Pantsdown »

I posted long ago in Town Hustings that because of the Iraqi fiasco, the subsequent denial of reality and other issues of trust I intended voting LibDem despite having voted Labour in every general election since 1970. I have to say the behaviour of TB during the election has only re-inforced that view.

I did say I wouldn't have a problem if Robin Cook or John Denham was the Lewisham West Labour candidate with their principled stand against the unjustified war.

Well that bu**er Dowd read my mind. Or at least his obviously efficient IT system remembered our previous correspondence.

This morning I got a letter from JD - enclosing one from Robin Cook urging that I support JD despite the Iraqi problem. Received day before I vote and questioning my basic raison d'etre for voting LibDem.

So now instead of voting LibDem tomorrow with a sad but confident heart - I am in a dilemma. The decision means whichever way I go will be more uncomfortable. I shall open a very good bottle of wine tonight to see if that will smooth the way to a decision after a family debate. Otherwise JD - you will cost me a night's sleep. <mutter, mutter>

Anyway congratulations Jim on the first bit of really intelligent campaigning I've seen so far plus an equally impressive office system. You haven't got my vote yet. But you have moved it from lost to a maybe.