New shop on Kirkdale?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
natbeuk

New shop on Kirkdale?

Post by natbeuk »

Has anyone noticed that one of the High Street buildings shops on Kirkdale is getting a makeover, and/or does anyone know what type of shop is going in there? The frontage looks promising and quite smart so far...
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

hopefully it's a *insert bland high street chain*!!!

the fancy dress shop is a cool addition. i can't recall what was there at the re-furbed one - was it the old fish shop?

i hope it's something independant and interesting.
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

Yep, it was the fish shop. I'm hoping for something interesting (in a good way) too.... am a little concerned that it's going to be a hairdresser or an estate agent, but am hopeful!

The fancy dress shop is a cool addition, but maybe I'm just biased as the costumes in the window look quite goth and it makes me all nostalgic for my own goth days :lol:
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

didn't the mission do a gig not that long ago?
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

They did, but I couldn't make it. I did make it along to Fields of the Nephilim back in July though...
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

oh god they are crap!

hahah!!

cowboys covered in flour.

hahah!!
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

are you two talking in code?
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

lambchops wrote:oh god they are crap!

hahah!!

hahah!!
:lol:
I have to admit that I do like them.. still.. even now when I'm old enough to know better!
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

bensonby wrote:are you two talking in code?
You mean you don't permanently have Dawnrazor or Children on high rotation Bensonby?
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

natbeuk wrote:
bensonby wrote:are you two talking in code?
You mean you don't permanently have Dawnrazor or Children on high rotation Bensonby?
I know its dark, but its too early to be drinking isn't it?
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

Haha.. quite. If you were, or had even been, a goth (although you'd probably also have to be about 10-15 years older than you are) you would understand Bensonby!
El Syd

Post by El Syd »

Doesn't this thread typify what this forum has become sadly; i.e. the inane ramblings of a minority of people who insist on posting all the time even when they have nothing to say? If you don't have any factual information on what this shop might become then why type irrelevant drivel?

I used to browse this forum in the hope of finding out future plans for the station ticket barriers, High St shops, Greyhound and similar local issues but now it seems that the likes of Bensonby, natbeuk and Greg D***head to name but a few have hijacked most of the threads as a sort of cry for help. We await their next unnecessary postings as they clearly have nothing better to do all day. Talk about empty vessels...
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

did you know I've just had a haircut?
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

bensonby wrote:did you know I've just had a haircut?
Really? I just had a cup of tea. It was very nice.
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

A haircut, a cup of tea....now El Syd just needs some sex and we'll all be satisfied.

If you checked out most of the forum you would see that we have all had some good input to the forum.

El Syd, you've made four postings. Obviously you've got **** to say...so this makes a quarter of your postings whinging.

Nice one.
nork1
Location: Banned myself - can't be bothered with the Greg/Ulysses show anymore

Post by nork1 »

lambchops wrote:oh god they are crap!

hahah!!

hahah!!
Don't diss the Neff man! Spaghetti metal at it's finest!
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

hahahh spaghetti metal.

the drummer had the most ridiculous hair ever. wierd dreadlock things hanging out of his head.

maybe the new store is going to be a record shop, eh, el syd? what do you reckon, mate?
Greg Whitehead

Post by Greg Whitehead »

El Syd wrote:Doesn't this thread typify what this forum has become sadly; i.e. the inane ramblings of a minority of people who insist on posting all the time even when they have nothing to say? If you don't have any factual information on what this shop might become then why type irrelevant drivel?

I used to browse this forum in the hope of finding out future plans for the station ticket barriers, High St shops, Greyhound and similar local issues but now it seems that the likes of Bensonby, natbeuk and Greg D***head to name but a few have hijacked most of the threads as a sort of cry for help. We await their next unnecessary postings as they clearly have nothing better to do all day. Talk about empty vessels...
My my, what have I done to be mentioned in dispatches by such an intellectual luminary as El Syd? Yes, ladies and gentlemen in another classic case of hoist by one's own petard, the very same El Syd whose 3 entries to date have covered the weighty matters of 'Your fantasy High Street - just for fun'. And all three musings coming in such a short time period (ahem) given that 'it; [I'm being gender neutral here] joined in Jan2008. What a prodigious output.

What a valuable poster and pillar of the local community you must be. Deriding those who actually make sensible comments amidst their jocularity and banter. Given your predilection for suggestions on improvements to Sydders I point you to a suggestion I made not more than 10 minutes ago about the bins and litter - it's tabbed onto planning watch 4. Find it yourself. So that's one sensible post by me, just today. You have posted 4 lots of banality with a personal attack on others.

Now much like at school, well on the days you did attend, I, like your teacher am asking you to post something intelligent and constructive for the class. I'm not picking on you and you cannot run home crying to Mummy. But, give us a sensible suggestion on how to improve the area or the forum etc please.

I'll bet you post 'Get rid of that Greg D***head?' - You must have been thinking all day about that revised moniker. Give your brain a rest for a bit and let's be hearing from you El Syd. See, this is one of the problems of anonymity…

I am off to cry into my porridge at the hurtful insult from Professor El Syd.
Last edited by Greg Whitehead on 3 Nov 2008 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Whitehead

Post by Greg Whitehead »

Oh, and you cannot swear and you cannot use the threat of violence...

We're all waiting El Syd - make it legible also please.

Yours impatiently,

Gregory Dickhead.
dickp

Post by dickp »

Erm, wasn't 'Your fantasy High Street - just for fun' one of mine?

any road up: so what is happening at that Kirkdale shop? Anyone got an noos? Is it going to be a bit like this?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uVvcD4Czx4Y