NEW SHOP NEXT TO TURKISH GREENGROCERS

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
GLOBAL THINKER

NEW SHOP NEXT TO TURKISH GREENGROCERS

Post by GLOBAL THINKER »

Does anyone know what the new shop on the high street, currently being fitted out, next to the Turkish greengrocers, is going to be?
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

If it is the old Batchelor's Solicitors premises then it is likely to be a William Hill Betting Shop - notice of application for a licence was posted in window some time ago - seems a bit over the top 2 x Ladbrokes and 1x Wm Hill in the core area of Sydenham.

Still we have ? x hairdressers/barbers, ? x nail bars, ? x pound shops (I'll do a count up sometime).

Sydenham high street struggles to remain vibrant, but how long for if Bell Green Retail Park gets the go ahead?
GLOBAL THINKER

Post by GLOBAL THINKER »

I think unless the shops in the high street become attractive to shoppers on a regular basis, whether the bell green development goes ahead or not Sydenham High Street is destined to become a ghost town. I agree with you Pat, we need more diverse shops not an abundance of pound shops, burger bars and bookies. I very rarely shop there myself.