Street drinking survey

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

Eagle wrote:Intent to annoy the law abiding population.
and they are not part of the law-abiding population? pray, which laws are they breaking?
El Syd

Post by El Syd »

We should have a bench installed in the High St specially for bensonby so he can sit there and spout rubbish all day long. After all he is the village idiot :D :D :D
bencooke

Re: Street drinking survey

Post by bencooke »

Has anyone asked the guys on the bench to complete the survey? As I think somebody has put it's probably better to have them on the main road under CCTV, its just chief matey with the tatooed face who scares me a little bit
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I noticed some more street drinkers using the bench a few minutes ago (not sure if it was a quick after-work snifter or part of a long-term session).

I would be interested to knowing more about what happens in neighbouring areas, and whether using existing powers is effective - could anyone shed any light on this?
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Thomas
Good to hear that some of the users are workers. Maybe for RBS over the road and are spending their ill deserved bonus.

I think the day time gents are from Hither Green and these must have night work to be able to afford their drinks.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

I saw some PCSO's(?) questioning some street drinkers this afternoon by the bench. Though the drinkers looked well-behaved, it doesn't give a good image of Sydenham

Ali B
simon

Re: Street drinking survey

Post by simon »

bencooke wrote:Has anyone asked the guys on the bench to complete the survey? As I think somebody has put it's probably better to have them on the main road under CCTV, its just chief matey with the tatooed face who scares me a little bit
He is quite harmless in my experience; Ive spoken to him once.
mummycat

Post by mummycat »

Yes, in my experience too Simon.

When I was asking people to vote for Mayow Park outside the Post Office, he came up to me and asked me what I was doing. I explained how the voting process worked and he offered to vote on his Mum's computer. He seemed quite polite and I felt a little ashamed I never approached him first. I don't consider myself prejudiced.

Now I'm just hoping he and his drinking friends never find out where Mayow Park is! :shock:
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Mummy cat
Good one. Hope they do not go to The Thorpe's either.

People again seem to be missing the main point

The seat in question was paid for and presented by the SS for the eldely and infirm to stop for 15 mins or so.