The Savacentre Racetrack

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
ROJACKRD

Post by ROJACKRD »

Barty wrote:Welcome, Oblivion. Your experiences here are sure to be much nicer than your experiences in Savacentre Car Park....

Are you new to the area or just new to the Forum?

I feel a bit annoyed now for suggesting that these idiots could somehow be turned into responsible individuals.....a bit naive of me.....perhaps it is time to lobby Savacentre to erect a barrier across the two entrances to the car park which they can lock when the store is closed.

I hope you have reported this incident to the police.
When i posted regarding these people 'expressing themselves' i was unaware of their intent and intimidation of others. i agree with Barty that i was naive in thinking they were responsible individuals.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

maturin wrote: There are CCTV cameras all over the Savacentre centre. I would be very surprised if these do not run 24 hours a day. You can make an FOI request for the relevant footage as you are (a) in the footage and (b) believe a crime was committed. The license plates should be clearly identifiable.
The FOI act doesn't apply to private companies - such as Sainsbury's. The thing to do is report it to the police and they can take steps to secure the CCTV. But be prompt, the CCTV could be lost if you take too long in reporting it...

I went down there one evening when these people were congregating - I was shocked at how many people were actually there....several hundred....
Oblivion

Post by Oblivion »

*Update*

I took my digicam over to the car park this morning and took a couple of shots of the state it's been left in. I'll include these in my letter to the manager.

http://img233.imageshack.us/i/croppedtyremarks.jpg/

http://img233.imageshack.us/i/tyremarkscropped2.jpg/

It's a shame to hear that Sainsbury's may be getting a 24 hour licence for the store. The chances of getting the car park closed at night would obviously be zero.

But at the very least, I'll ask that there is more security in place.* That's the best that can be done for now. If the problem persists, I'll use a camcorder with a good zoom to record what these cars are up to - and report offenses to the police.

*Has anyone else noticed, by the ATM's, there's a speaker that seems to constantly make a hideous bird noise?

It's quite ironic that Sainsbury's have installed a device that does nothing to disperse loitering "yoovs" ( it simply aggravates ordinary shoppers ) yet they've apparently done nothing about the real trouble makers.
maturin

Post by maturin »

The FOI act doesn't apply to private companies - such as Sainsbury's.
Thanks Bensonby. I didn't know that.
What happens if you can't get the police to act? Do you have any other recourse if you believe a crime has been committed?
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

maturin wrote:
The FOI act doesn't apply to private companies - such as Sainsbury's.
Thanks Bensonby. I didn't know that.
What happens if you can't get the police to act? Do you have any other recourse if you believe a crime has been committed?

be specific as to why you think a crime has been committed, what you saw &c., (and, perhaps more importantly, what you felt) and they should act...
maturin

Post by maturin »

Many thanks.
Holaquease

Re: The Savacentre Racetrack

Post by Holaquease »

A lot of screeching tyres tonight. Is it coming from Sainsbury's?
Mayowthorpe

Post by Mayowthorpe »

Yes, they were back again last night.

Sainsbury's were advised, however the car park is the responsibility of the council.

May I ask what our local council is doing about this? It's both dangerous and creates a great deal of noise pollution.
Holaquease

Post by Holaquease »

I live near Mayow Park and could clearly hear it from here. Best part of a KM away.
parker

Post by parker »

Mayowthorpe wrote:Yes, they were back again last night.

Sainsbury's were advised, however the car park is the responsibility of the council.

May I ask what our local council is doing about this? It's both dangerous and creates a great deal of noise pollution.
Dangerous? Yes. Let them kill themselves if they want to do that, who cares.
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

parker wrote:
Mayowthorpe wrote:Yes, they were back again last night.

Dangerous? Yes. Let them kill themselves if they want to do that, who cares.
Wow!
stuart

Post by stuart »

parker wrote:Dangerous? Yes. Let them kill themselves if they want to do that, who cares.
I do. I even care about you.

Stuart
alburt.c

Post by alburt.c »

this is vary bad. i think Police can do some thing here.

i can not beleeve this going on for so long. now peeples intimadated also. vary bad news. :o