Teenagers arrested after Lawrie Park Road biker death

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
simon

Teenagers arrested after Lawrie Park Road biker death

Post by simon »

From Thisislocallondon:

THREE teenagers have been arrested in connection with the death of a 21-year-old biker in Sydenham last month.

Mark Goulbourne died after his black Yamaha R6 motorbike collided with a car in Lawrie Park Road at around 4.30pm on June 16.

Two men, aged 18 and 19, have been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous or careless driving, and perverting the course of justice.

Another man, aged 18, has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous or careless driving.

The trio have been bailed until later this summer.

Police, ambulance crews and an air ambulance attended the crash at the junction of Lawrie Park Crescent, but Mr Goulbourne was pronounced dead at the scene.

A post-mortem examination on June 17 revealed the biker died from a head injury.

Anyone who witnessed the accident should contact the Collision Investigation Unit at Catford Traffic Garage on 020 8285 1574.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks Simon.

How very, very sad. I'm sure I'm not the only one speculating as to what all that means. However it is now a serious criminal matter so I must ask that you keep speculation to yourselves. Please keep to sourced facts relating to the cause and people involved in the incident. General observations on road safety in LPR should go to the existing thread on the matter: http://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3598

I'm sure you understand.

Admin
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

admin wrote:However it is now a serious criminal matter
hence not an "rta" :P

not one to have a bee in my bonnet or anything :wink:
chrisj1948

Post by chrisj1948 »

It will be counted in the RTA statistics

Regards
Chris
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

chrisj1948 wrote:It will be counted in the RTA statistics

Regards
Chris

I imagine the police will put it in their RTC statistics...