It's Crystal Palace Park Public enquiry time

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
dickp

It's Crystal Palace Park Public enquiry time

Post by dickp »

Yes, there's still bickering about the future of the park, even as it continues to rot.

The timetable for the meeting - held at Salvation Army Centre in CP - can be downloaded here.

http://persona.uk.com/crystalpalace/pro ... gramme.pdf

You can't speak at the event unless you've already registered, but you can go along and boo at the luddite objectors, if you like. They've been given an awful lot of time to put their case.
SydenhamHillAndy

Post by SydenhamHillAndy »

Thanks for the link. It appears that the Crystal Palace Community Association are getting 3 and a half days at the inquiry to represent their view. This seems rather excessive given that they are just a minor part of the local scenery.

I'm not entirely sure that the local populace are well served by this group. From discussions I've had with people on the Sydenham and Penge sides of the park and in the pubs over the past year or so it seems that there is general agreement that the development is a good thing, that there is understanding that the housing developments barely impinge and that they'd just like to see the project get some energy behind it.

There also seems to be a sense that the group who live in the Triangle own the park in some way. The park is a resource for all the surrounding areas, from Sydenham, Penge, Anerley and further afield, all of whom benefit from this area - their view is as valid as anyone from the top of the hill.

All I can say is that this group don't represent me. As a charity they should consult with their constituents rather than just lobby on the basis of what one person in charge thinks.
Cllr John Getgood

Post by Cllr John Getgood »

I don't want to comment on the CPCA but the responses I have received support the views expressed above. Because I was part of the Bromley committee that approved the plans, I am giving evidence to to the inquiry in a personal capacity. There are three individual speaking in favour and we get our chance in the spotlight on Wednesday July 15th, 10 - 1.

Cllr John Getgood
Penge & Cator
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

For the record CPCA have been invited to make their case to the community here (either within the Forum or the main website) unedited. They refused. I have always tried to be scrupulously fair to them and my earlier news reports were quite positive.

That did not stop them making a terribly inaccurate and villanous attack both on me and STF. The implied threat of litigation was not helpful for free discussion on their role in Park advocacy. I try to remain unalienated. Here is some history:
http://www.sydenham.org.uk/comment_cpca ... r_foe.html and
http://www.sydenham.org.uk/comment_cpca ... ponse.html

Admin
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I went to a meeting about CP park some time ago when the LDA presented their ideas.

How many people conducted themselves in that meeting was disgusting.

But was we know some people just love to moan.

I love CP park and use it a fair amount. It belongs to the people who use it, not just one 'local' organisation from one corner of the park and as such any development should reflect the views of the majority. I hope any consultation respects this.

Personally I thought the plans were quite exciting.
Tinksqueak

Crystal Palace Park development plans

Post by Tinksqueak »

I'm in the process of buying a flat on Crystal Palace Park Road and have been researching the plans for the park - everything proposed sounds really exciting, but I wondered if anyone knows what timescale they're working too - all the info I can find seems very dreamy with regards to getting funding and making a start anytime soon!
nork1
Location: Banned myself - can't be bothered with the Greg/Ulysses show anymore

Re: Crystal Palace Park development plans

Post by nork1 »

Tinksqueak wrote:I wondered if anyone knows what timescale they're working to
I wouldn't bet on still being around to actually see any of this... see previous posts - heads in the sand, fingers in ears, 'NO, NO, NO - our way or not at all' mentality. :evil:
floom

Post by floom »

The whole place should be turned into one giant cycle path, and pedestrians ordered to KEEP OUT.