East London Line progress

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
DaveT

East London Line progress

Post by DaveT »

Hi all,

I'm currently subscribed to the east london line progress mail list and have just received this - thought it might be of interest. My apologies if it is not.

DaveT

--snip--
Dear David

As we enter 2006, the project continues at pace. The project remains on schedule to be delivered by June 2010 in accordance with Olympic documentation.

Construction:

Repair and replacement of 21 bridges along the Kingsland Viaduct began in May 2005 and remains on schedule to finish in the autumn of 2006.

Status of contracts:

Bids for the £500M main works contract will be returned to the project on 31 March 2006. Once evaluation has taken place, the successful bidder is likely to be announced in the summer of 2006 and begin work in autumn 2006.

Proposals from four train manufacturers arrived today and will be evaluated to determine who will be chosen to provide Rolling Stock for the operational railway. A decision will be made at Easter 2006.

More specific details are available on the project website at www.ellp.co.uk

Yours

Peter Boxell
Head of stakeholder Management
East London Line Project

0800 5872441

15 Bonhill Street
London EC2A 4DN

To unsubscribe from this newsletter go to the below address:
stuart

Post by stuart »

Yes I got that too - hence the frontpage. Couple of things I noticed were:

* The dates of rolling stock award are different in the email and on the site. Suggestive of a slippage?

* A strange reference here "The East London Line Project (formerly known as ELLX) will extend and upgrade the existing (London Underground Limited) East London Line, converting it into a new metro-style (National Rail) train service"

Does this mean it is *not* going to be the tube with lower fares/oyster card compatible etc?
DaveT

silly me

Post by DaveT »

oops - I navigate in directly through firefox/rss feed, so didn't see the updated home page. Sorry!
stuart

Post by stuart »

Not at all. It added stuff I hadn't included.

I had a phone callback from Peter Boxell. He confirmed that ELLP would be part of TfL and so should be on TfL pricing and fully Oystercard compatible. Will people pay rail fares when they can get into London cheaper by TfL? Indeed will some of the people currently using Penge East trek up Newlands Park for a more frequent, better connected and more economical journey?
Illuminance

Post by Illuminance »

:idea: Probably explains why Penge West is in such a poor state; they must be waiting for ELLP to finance its re-furb.