Dead cat

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
stringfellow

Dead cat

Post by stringfellow »

If anyone in the Mayow Park area is missing a black cat with a bluey/green collar with what looks like the word 'vintage' on it, I have him.

He was on the pavement in near the top of Adamsrill Road and I couldn't stand to just leave him there so I got a cardboard box from a house nearby and took him home.

There don't appear to be any discernible marks on him but I am guessing he was hit by a car. He has not been dead long though, so if you think you might be, or know, the owner please let me know.

I intended to take him to the vets to see if he is chipped, so they can trace his owners, but they are closed until the morning. I thought I would give the forum a go in the meantime and take him to the vets in the morning if I don't hear anything. Thanks
hilsbee

Post by hilsbee »

Oh I wondered where he had gone - that's a nice thing to do!

I spotted him last night on my way home at around 6.25pm, and he was in the middle of the road. With the help of someone in a car who stopped, he was moved to the pavement. At that point, he was still warm, but definitely not alive, and we thought it had only just happened. There wasn't any blood and we thought he had just been bounced by a car which had instantly killed him. Which makes me thing that the person who knocked him, must have known, even if it was maybe inadvertant.

I did knock on some doors of houses around the area where I know there to be cats but nobody was missing a cat. The only place I could think of where I might have seen a dark coloured cat was number 13 Adamsrill - the one to the left of the 3storey block of flats. I know that one has a big white cat but I'm almost sure I've seen a darker one as well. There wasn't any answer to any of the bells I rang at that house last night.

I do hope you find out where he lived as it mush be awful to be missing an animal and not know what happened.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I'm sure one of the local kebab shops will take it off your hands for a nominal sum.
stringfellow

Post by stringfellow »

Thanks. I took him to the vets this morning; they were really helpful and able to trace the owner through his chip so they know now.
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

very decent thing of you to do stringfellow
Tony Crowder

Dead Cat

Post by Tony Crowder »

Hi stringfellow. I am the cats owner who you spoke to this morning and I wanted to thank you again for what you did it really is very much appreciated. Kind Regards Tony
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

what an unfortunate circumstance you join the ST Forum in Tony.
I hope you stick around, and maybe in time can use the forum to see if anyone has a spare kitten that requires a new home, or just check out local news and events.

Good work by Stringfellow, and he has to be applauded.
Trawlerman

Post by Trawlerman »

Seconded