The high St 'incident' ????

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
fuzzy logic

The high St 'incident' ????

Post by fuzzy logic »

Any news of what happened last night/this morning on the high st ?

I spoke to a few people and 'shoot out' and 'murder' were mentioned .......
kster

Post by kster »

I spoke to one of the policeman but he wasn't very forthcoming. All he would say was it was a serious assault (I could have guest that much). I'll try again later and if I find anything out I'll post it.
Sha

Post by Sha »

Hiya,

I have heard that there was a murder outside of the woolwich in the high st. Not 100% sure but if it is its quite scary for us all.
sarahc

High St incident

Post by sarahc »

Dropped my daughter off at school this morn and overheard plenty of mums talking about the incident in Sydeham high St. Does anyone know what happened yet? :?
kster

Post by kster »

There isn’t the usual yellow “Incident Call for Witnesses” board nor is there any mention in the media. I don’t want to sound like a paranoid conspiracy theorist who hangs around web forums…. But isn’t a bit strange that nobody can find anything out? If it wasn’t anything major then why close off the whole high street?

On a different subject, I had to laugh when I saw the “Advance Notice” for resurfacing roadworks on Sydenham Road. It must have been weeks since the last lot.
DJ King

Post by DJ King »

Just a quick post I live on Longton grove and at about 10:40 to night there was 6 police cars sitting in the road and they were full with police men. I also heard a helicopter going around but didn’t see it that well. From when I saw them (10:40) they was there until 11:00 and drove off quickly down to Jews walk. And I heard that there was a shooting in Wells park last week or the weekend but nothing about the high St.

Ps. Sorry about any bad spelling or grammar not too good at it and being a teenager I mainly write in text.
pip

Re: The high St 'incident' ????

Post by pip »

fuzzy logic wrote:Any news of what happened last night/this morning on the high st ?

I spoke to a few people and 'shoot out' and 'murder' were mentioned .......
Ive been told that a male and female were attacked by a gang of hoodies between 5 and 6am and as a result one victim died and the other is in intensive care. How accurate this is, I dont know.
charlie

Post by charlie »

is this is indeed what happened, why on earth has there been no mention of it anywhere? there's nothing on the web, nothing on news wires, and - most baffling of all - nothing in the evening standard. considering what happened in willesden last friday, you'd think they'd be all over a story that is - if it's possible to measure these things - even more tragic.
any chance you could reveal your sources, pip, before the chinese whispers get out of control?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes I am surprised too. I think it wise that when making serious allegations that people should state their sources. I can then follow it up and validate the facts. I'm liable for what's published here so its important to distinguish fact from hearsay.
Jeannie

Really?

Post by Jeannie »

That's funny; I spoke to a police officer there because I needed to get to the shops, and she told me that someone was assaulted in the road, not that someone was robbed. At gunpoint? In Sydenham? That worries me a bit... I've only just moved there (I'm a Londoner but I lived in Birmingham for a while), and thought it was still relatively safe. :?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Calm down everybody. Lewisham Police confirm there was no fatality in Sydenham that night. They don't even have a recorded 'serious' incident.

I am awaiting a call from the Sydenham Community Policing Team who are checking to see what incidents were recorded which may have led to the above reports.

I hope we are not wasting police time ... l
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »