Trains

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Willy

Trains

Post by Willy »

Just like to say a big thank you to Southern for really making the WORKING days between Christmas and New Year that bit more painful - 4 carriage trains running a Saturday service resulting in packed trains to and from work.

As they are not running a peak time service can I claim back some money as I have paid for a peak time ticket....?
Psi

Post by Psi »

I have to agree Willy, the same was true the few days leading up to Christmas as well.
Another gripe I have with southern is I am sure they told us at the meeting back a while ago that the London Bridge to Victoria Service would be running earlier in the mornings, which I was very pleased about as I sometimes need to head in that direction to Clapham Junction. However the time table appears to show the time table very similar to the current one where there is no way to Clapham junction in the mornings.
I may have been hallucinating at the meeting or may be looking at the wrong time table does anyone else have any idea what te people from Southern were talking about?
davegr

Post by davegr »

Totally agree Willy. They started this crap before Xmas too. The day after the big snow in, they ran a Saturday service with short trains. I have no idea why!!

In fact ever since the timetable change on 13th December, the trains from Sydenham Hill have been so jammed that by the time they get to Herne Hill almost no one can get on.

Can anyone explain whats the hell is going on?

:x :x :x
alywin

Post by alywin »

(That's actually SouthEastern, but the same principle applies: ludicrously short trains. What I couldn't understand was that the day after the snow Southern managed to run a regular service on the Beckenham Junction-Birkbeck-Crystal Palace line, but the day after *that* ran a Saturday service but with no trains on that line. Suggested we use the trams instead. Nobody was able to explain how you got a tram from BJ to CP ...