Daniel Morgan trial delayed

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
admin
Site Admin

Daniel Morgan trial delayed

Post by admin »

Five men were due to stand trial in connection with the Golden Lion axe murder. This was due to begin at the Old Bailey in the next few weeks but has been delayed until September see:

http://www.islingtontribune.com/news/20 ... al-delayed

For those not up to speed with this crime may wish to catch-up here:
http://www.sydenham.org.uk/news_daniel_ ... rests.html

Admin
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Thanks for the update Admin. I can't see from the article whether the accused are out on bail, or are being held in custody.
simon

Post by simon »

Its hell of a delay considering the trial was due to start in October last year. No mention in the report of what has caused the delay.
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

Bensonby is arguing with the judge over something.

hahahahah!
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

perhaps Bensonby was tied up with this case ?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/drivin ... 007172.ece
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A puzzling report in the NewShopper: www.newsshopper.co.uk/...Ex_policeman_i ... al_delayed

The headline says delayed, the text says stayed. Is there a difference? And does discharged from bail mean the guy is not going to face trial with the other four?

If anyone has facts please share. However, because this is sub judice any speculation or unsourced stuff may be removed.

Admin
parklife

Post by parklife »

yes there is a difference.
"stayed" means that there will be no trial.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks Parklife for confirming this guy will not face trial with the other four. If you are thinking what I am thinking - please don't post it here!

Admin
marymck

Post by marymck »

I was involved in a Court case last year that was "stayed" by the judge. a "stay" in this case meant that the judge was ordering a delay of a specified length of time. Sometimes judges order stays if they're waiting for reports, or mediation, or the police need more time to prepare their evidence.
marymck

Post by marymck »

I should have read the newspaper report before posting, as the report says the defendant has been "discharged". The reporter probably means the trial has been "stayed" for the remaining defendants, possibly because the prosecution will need to review their evidence in the light of one of the defendants now not being tried.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

admin wrote:Thanks Parklife for confirming this guy will not face trial with the other four. If you are thinking what I am thinking - please don't post it here!

Admin
what are you thinking? I'm curious!
Trawlerman

Post by Trawlerman »

If a person 'says what they are thinking' can you be sure its what they are thinking?
No. Not really. They may merely be saying what they think you may like to think what they are thinking... I think...
anon46

Post by anon46 »

<......>

Funny how no-one seems to report on this stuff ay!!
------
Sorry but I did warn that unsourced allegations of abuse, corruption, lying or other facts pertaining to the case will be deleted. Posters are reminded this serious criminal case is sub judice and any comment or facts directly pertaining to the case MUST BE SOURCED. If in any doubt please PM me.

Admin