Shooting on Kirkdale

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
marianne

Shooting on Kirkdale

Post by marianne »

Apparently there was a shooting on Kirkdale a couple of hours ago, just by Jews Walk. Kirkdale and Jews Walk ccordoned off by police from Jews Walk. Wells Park Road open.
lilmanfa

Post by lilmanfa »

yes i heard that a guy shot at a car as it was driving along but didn't hit the driver. he then ran off still carrying the gun.
darkorb

Post by darkorb »

I was wondering why it was all taped off from Cobbs Corner. When I came past around 1830ish from the station there were still a fair few police dogs around as well.
The Eagle

Post by The Eagle »

Now if I was a policeman there would be two people in this thread that I would be visiting :o
MartinH

Post by MartinH »

That's what I thought Eagle, a bit of a coincidence, eh?
floom

Post by floom »

Another shooting? Is that all?

Yaaawwwnnn....
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

This doesn't seem to have been reported in the media either.

Was it definitely a shooting? Bensonby? Anyone see anything first hand or is it speculation?
lbere

Post by lbere »

I suppose the shooting on Burghill Rd did not happen last night either?
catwoman

Post by catwoman »

lbere wrote:I suppose the shooting on Burghill Rd did not happen last night either?
I have heard from someone i know that two hoodied males standing in a block on Burghill road were shooting at two men in a car. The two men in the car were shooting back and it was in braod daylight not long after children had been let out of school. My brothers friend who works for the council told him he was called to do works on Burghill following the shooting, I don't know what works it was but it had something to do bullet holes.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Again, I wasn't saying nothing happened, but questioning why it wasn't reported in the news or if there was any official version.

I can see that my comments may be taken the wrong way which I certainly don't want!
catwoman

Post by catwoman »

leenewham wrote:Again, I wasn't saying nothing happened, but questioning why it wasn't reported in the news or if there was any official version.

I can see that my comments may be taken the wrong way which I certainly don't want!
Was this comment meant for me? if so, just wanted to assure you that i understand the meaning of your comment, it wasn't taken the wrong way-by me anyway.
The person who told me what had happened was told by someone who supposedly witneesed it, though i don't think they reported it to the police, not sure if anyone else did, does anyone know?

I agree, lots of things go on in Sydenham that do not get mentioned in the press, which is probabaly why so many people think its such a great place to live, i think its more a case of better the devil you know myself!

It's the same with Family guy who was kind enough to warn others on here of his wifes car-jacking, people are reluctant to belive him because it wasn't in the papers! just because it wasn't reported in the papers. doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Dorian

Post by Dorian »

If its not reported, its not true ????

How stupid, lots of things happen that dont make the press, thats why every news media has a link for people to inform a reporter. Things get published that are not " News Worthy " and other things that are , do not
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

I believe that in some countries the police routinely give local publicity to all (significant?) crimes as soon as they are reported. Why don't the Met do the same and set up a website for this purpose? Then we shouldn't have to waste all this time arguing and speculating (cf. also the other thread on the carjacking in Kirkdale) and people wouldn't get unnecessarily anxious about what might turn out to be only a rumour or have got exaggerated in the telling (not that I'm suggesting that's what has happpened here). What would be wrong with a bit more transparency?
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

I've been on holiday for the past two weeks - hence no comments.

Sometimes publicity is not condusive to the investigative process and sometimes it's not in the best interests of the victims.
DanW

Re: Shooting on Kirkdale

Post by DanW »

Looks like this was related to the shooting in Kirkdale last year:

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news ... n_Catford/