Motorbikes targeted for theft

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
petra

Motorbikes targeted for theft

Post by petra »

Just read the 'fuel stolen from car overnight' thread. (happened quite a lot to me during the last recession) - and that thread prompted me to write this, after reading in The Motorcycle News (MCN) today that:

A chap had just finished filling his VERY expensive (Yamaha R6) motobike with petrol - paid, and was on his bike about to start it, when three hooded 'lads' attempted to steal the bike by pulling him off it and beating him to the ground.
Luckily, he managed to fight back - but it ended with his keys being stolen and the lads running off (all caught on CCTV).

This happened at a petrol station in West Dulwich!

As an aside, my son rides a fairly old Kawasaki sports bike, and several times has found himself surrounded by a gang of scooters trying to block him in - he thinks to steal his bike!
So I guess the moral of the story is . . everything is now, 'fair game'.
I was unable to find a link to this story from the MCN, maybe they don't update their site immediately. . . I'll keep looking :roll:
Willy

Post by Willy »

Doesn't seem very bright, I always wear full armour and my gloves have titanium knuckles so if some gimp wants to try and steal my bike he will most likely be picking his teeth up off the floor!
chrisj1948

Post by chrisj1948 »

:) I agree with Willy. The kevlar in armoured clothing would be difficult to get a knife through, and reinforced boots and gloves can be excellent offensive weapons!

Regards
Chris