FOUND - cat!

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Clare

FOUND - cat!

Post by Clare »

Monday 7th June, small black and white male cat approx 1 year old, found in Homecroft Road. He is very friendly and desperately wants to go home. He has very slightly injured his left leg. He is wearing a silver collar decorated with black fishes and the word 'Moky'. Please PM me if he belongs to you so you can be reunited. thanks, Clare.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Someone over on the SE23 forum has lost a black and white cat. They thought he might have been run over, and he didn't have a collar, but there is always a chance that someone put a collar on this person's cat (weird but it happens!)

Also, you can take the cat to any vet to see if it has been microchipped. The nearest one is probably Mayow Vets at the Sydenham end of Mayow Road - they are very nice and will help in any way they can!

Anyway, the link is here for the SE23 post:
http://www.se23.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3086
mummycat

Post by mummycat »

Yes, do try the Mayow Road Vets.

Somebody from Envirowork found a parrot in distress in the park and posted on here a few months ago. They took it to the Vets, who recognised it as the one who'd had it's wings clipped the previous day. Poor thing had been frightened and escaped to Mayow Park, only to be identified and returned to his owner within 24 hours!
Clare

Post by Clare »

Thanks for all your advice. We have already taken the cat to Mayow Vets who were very helpful. Unfortunately, the cat is not chipped.
Wispy Wonder

Post by Wispy Wonder »

Clare

I saw the cat last night on Homecroft Rd, and it's limping quite badly. Didn't the Mayow vets notice that? If he's still hobbling around you, it might be worth calling Celia Hammond's to have them come and collect the little chap. I think he needs help. I'd call them if you have any idea where he could be trapped.

He's such a pretty cat, too. Poor thing.

W. Wonder
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

we're thinking of getting a cat
sarahc

Post by sarahc »

Hi,

I was in Mayow Vets this morning and saw a lost cat poster on the wall by the door (inside) and it was for a black and white cat. Didn't actually read the details but just looking at this thread has reminded me.....

I know you've been into the vets - but maybe double check that poster in case it IS the same cat.

Sarah
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

if she's lost she might not be too far from home, you could try taking her round the nearest 10 or 15 streets and she if she recognises anything.
I don't know much about cats but I'm guessing that if they're put back into familiar territory there would be some noticeable change in demeanour, maybe they'd try to run down a favourite alleyway or something.
does anyone know how big an area of habitat cats generally have?
how many streets away before cat is not in home territory, or how far cats go in an average week?