Sydenham Town's Brand New Site!

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
mummycat

Re: Sydenham Town's Brand New Site!

Post by mummycat »

Last edited by mummycat on 18 Jul 2011 16:36, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes - you are still logged in until you logout/reboot etc. When you look at the site you are, by definition, active. Or am I confused?

Admin
mummycat

Post by mummycat »

Last edited by mummycat on 18 Jul 2011 16:37, edited 1 time in total.
Nature Boy

Post by Nature Boy »

Like the new look site. Any chance of reestablishing the Twitter feed please? I find it really useful keeping up to date on the fly. Many thanks and keep up the good work!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The Twitter Feed is working at http://twitter.com/sydenhamtown
Do you have a problem with it?

Admin
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

Do you have a problem with it?
Yes, as it happens.

This means that all this time I've been inadvertently contributiing to the narcissistic squawk board I've always condemned.

Triffic.

Now, let's see how long it takes for this to appear on Squitter*.
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

*Instantaneous. Which also means another shallow victory for the attention seekers.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

BBW - Please don't confuse people who post inane stuff to Twitter (and Facebook) with its use by many organisations as an effective RSS type info distribution channel. Two distinct different markets and audiences.

You would be surprised who picks up your deep and meaningful contributions to humanity & Lewisham ...
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

You would be surprised who picks up your deep and meaningful contributions to humanity & Lewisham ...
Admin,

Please, I'm already well aware that even as I write, Sir Steve Bullock, influential men and women and captains of industry are all hanging on my every word. Whilst sagely nodding their heads in mutual agreement at my renowned, engaging insight.

Why, only just last week was I summoned to the town hall to be presented with a laurel crown as a small token of gratitude for my mere presence in the borough. And after the children had stopped throwing petals in my wake, the holy water put away and the room cleared, the Mayor threw himself at my feet saying that he's not worthy, that I'm like a father to most men and that how they all wish that they had a dick as big as mine. After which I requested, in the most stentorian tone I could muster in such a pitiful situation, that he rise up from the floor, accept his inadequacies and bask in my humbling aura.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

If you follow the right people Twitter can be a really useful information channel. I follow eco suppliers and companies I want to know more about. I've had business enquiries through it and my twitter feeds appear on my blogs and other sites like linked-in. While there is a lot of rubbish posted, unless you follow those sort of people, you don't see it.

It can be useful if you use it properly.
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

If you follow the right people Twitter can be a really useful information channel.
@ Leenewham: I've just done a dump. More to follow.