Cobbs Corner Roundabout

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
stuart

Cobbs Corner Roundabout

Post by stuart »

Have you heard the latest?

According to Mr Patel the newsagent - there is a dreadful smell of gas. Transco are trying to locate the source. They may have to dig it up again.

Oh and you know those railings on the bridge? Well try turning right out of the station and they neatly obscure your view of the traffic coming over the bridge. They come fast over the brow which always made getting out iffy. I think we won't have to wait long for an accident.

Post by Guest »

Just discovered your site whilst trying to get the 'phone no of the sorting office. Great stuff! Keep it up. Glad there is a voice against the madness now going on at Cobbs corner. Keep your eye on the new railings erected on Sydenham Bridge - I give them 2 weeks tops before some dick brain demolishes them.

Remember the nice white posts and chain link fence on the roundabout at Gipsy Hill/Dulwich Wood Park? - same principle.

Brian P

Post by Guest »

I noticed this morning (26/9) they have recommenced work yet again. What is going on?

DH
stuart

Post by stuart »

Transco had been looking for a gas leak. When I looked in the afternoon the roundabout was clear - but there was a large pile of broken tarmac dumped in Lawrie Park Road. The weather is not encouraging me to checkout if it is still there ....
activist

Post by activist »

I know it is not Cobs Corner - but have you tried to turn right out of Silverdale? The pavement on the opposite side sticks out and with the keep left sign it now makes it a hazardous turn. Especially as you are looking left and right and have to shoot out at speed when there is a chance. I don't think an accident is far away.
Sandie

Zebra Crossing on Bridge

Post by Sandie »

Reading the forum my mind goes toward the drivers using our roads. I watch daily at the speeds vehicles are doing. I was instructed when learning to drive that safety is the upmost and consideration of other vehicle users and pedestrians are of high matter. We all know that due to the upheaval of the Transco works that speed hardly be a concern, but the impatience of some, and I mean a minute percentage, wrecks it for the rest. They are the ones most likely to want to go faster when there is a generous gap ahead without thought of the traffic needing to exit from side roads. It's not just the pedestrians that are in line for injury either, how many parents are still not ensuring their children are wearing their seatbelts, I see plenty and if thats not enough the're also having a good old laugh and chat on the mobile phone too! I don't think how good or bad a project like the crossing and railings are thought out it comes down to short sighted drivers!!
Paddy Pantsdown

Post by Paddy Pantsdown »

The leaning island of Sydenham is not unique. I spotted its twin - same design, same angle of inclination and wobbly to boot - outside Tescos just off the Old Kent Road.

Same builder?