Crystal Palace park opening times.

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
stone-penge

Crystal Palace park opening times.

Post by stone-penge »

Why is it that parts of the park have different opening times?The section around the boating lake, from the railway station all the way down to the cafe only opens at 9.30am
I wanted to find out so I rang the park rangers in the park and they explained that that part of the park can not be open until they are on site and have installed the life bouys on the posts around the boating lake and done a 'safety check' which all sounds logical until you consider that:

someone must open the other gates to the park at an much earlier time.

The lake is fenced off, unlike the lake around the concert stage.

When I pointed this out to the parks man he said 'thats the way we are told to do it'
Seems crazy to me ,now the mornings are brighter earlier.
Who makes this rule up?
Weeble

Post by Weeble »

I noticed this the other day, completely scuppered my plans for a morning (well, I just ran in the other direction, but I was looking forward to a run round the dinosaurs).

9.30am seems a bit late really - what time does the rest of the park open?
stone-penge

Post by stone-penge »

The person at Bromley council to contact about the delayed opening time is Colin Brand.
dickp

Post by dickp »

the rest of the park opens early to provide access to the pool - the sydenham gate opens at about 6:45am most days.