Mayow Park Project on hold due to Government cuts

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
mummycat

Mayow Park Project on hold due to Government cuts

Post by mummycat »

sydenham
Last edited by mummycat on 18 Jul 2011 13:54, edited 1 time in total.
michael

Re: Mayow Park Project on hold due to Government cuts

Post by michael »

May I suggest bidding for money from the Perry Vale and Sydenham ward assemblies?
Assuming the council continues to fund the localities fund and the mayor's fund that should give each ward £35k to spend per year and they are allowed to use some funds from multiple years in a single project.

Sydenham Ward Assembly - Saturday 11 September
Perry Vale Ward Assembly- Saturday 18 September
mummycat

Post by mummycat »

revoir
Last edited by mummycat on 18 Jul 2011 13:54, edited 1 time in total.
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

Please get in touch if you have realistic ideas on how to move this project forward and possible funding sources.
Have you considered approaching these sources of revenue, mummycat? They won't bite. Except Deborah, obviously.

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I realise it is not good news but surely the bad state of Government Finances is no secret. I appreciate good to do things for young people but the current generation of children have more than previous generations.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

Eagle wrote:the current generation of children have more than previous generations.
Do they? In what respects?
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

I think The Eagle is merely drawing our attention to the merciless consumer appetite fed by indifferent corporations who provide a never ending stream of distractions to todays youth.

A far cry from when The Eagle would rush home from the bomb site to battle it out on Harpsichord Hero with his chums.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

To many children just say I want and they get. No does not seem to often appear in the vocabulary of their Mum and Dad.
Supermarkets full of Kids Meals for example. They are not a different species and should be eating the same as their parents as they did in the past.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I agree Eagle. On a positive note, ready meals are declining in sales and more people are cooking from scratch.

Back on topic, It's a shame that the government is cutting what has already been promised, but perhaps it's worth approaching the likes of The Cooperative and Sainsbury's who have local funds available for worthwhile projects.
jmc

Post by jmc »

On a related note, does anyone know the current situation with Enviroworks which runs the plant nursery and garden in Mayow Park? A friend thinks that the company closed down last week, but there doesnt appear any info around to confirm this
mummycat

Post by mummycat »

cheerio
Last edited by mummycat on 18 Jul 2011 13:53, edited 1 time in total.
Iris

Post by Iris »

jmc wrote:On a related note, does anyone know the current situation with Enviroworks which runs the plant nursery and garden in Mayow Park? A friend thinks that the company closed down last week, but there doesnt appear any info around to confirm this

We are open as usual. So everyone welcome !