Christmas late night shopping Sydenham, Friday 3rd December

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
louisecbrooks

Christmas late night shopping Sydenham, Friday 3rd December

Post by louisecbrooks »

A variety of shops and cafes will be opening their doors until 9pm for one night only on Friday 3rd December, offering exclusive discounts on gifts and tempting treats. Complimentary mulled wine and mince pies aplenty!

Participating traders include:
Kirkdale Bookshop, 272 Kirkdale SE26 4RS
10% discount exclusively for visitors on the night. Mulled wine and mince pies for all customers. A lucky dip for the kids, and a Christmas quiz.

Alhambra Home & Garden, 148 Kirkdale SE26 4BB
Exclusive discounts on stock. Check out the Christmas gift baskets! Complimentary tapas and mulled wine for all visitors.

JH Skincare, 137 Kirkdale SE26 4QJ
Why not treat someone to a gift voucher for a pamper treatment this Christmas?
Exclusive 30 minute taster sessions for £15 to all visitors. Complimentary mulled wine and mince pies and a gift voucher to use in early December to take home with you!
Taster sessions include:
Taster session 1. Cleanse, tone, skin analysis, massage and moisturiser
Taster session 2. NEW Gel Nails
Taster session 3. ST Tropez spray tan

Sugahill, 250 Kirkdale SE26 4NL
After all that shopping come and take a rest with a hot drink! Complimentary fudge for every hot drink ordered.

Kente Coffee Shop, 16 Sydenham Road SE26 5QW
Warm up and take the weight off your feet with a hot drink and cake.

Details of late additions to the list of traders and offers will be added here throughout the week.
Tim Lund

Re: Christmas late night shopping Sydenham, Friday 3rd Decem

Post by Tim Lund »

OK - we have the leaflets - pm me if you can help distributing them. Note the special offers!

Images deleted because Lee has now put them up in better quality. :D
Last edited by Tim Lund on 1 Dec 2010 15:33, edited 1 time in total.
poppy

Post by poppy »

Hi there

Did anyone consider inviting Candessa or Heavenly Presents to join in? Candessa is one of the better looking businesses on the high street and I am sure they could do with the trade. And Heavenly Presents is surprisingly good, they stock Gisella Graham stuff and things you can find in gifts shops in East Dulwich.

Thanks
P
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Hi Poppy:

Sadly, there's only so much time in the day, and all of us working on this are doing so in time when perhaps we ought to be doing paid-for work or parenting. So this time, Candessa and Heavenly Presents were missed. However, before seeing your post, I had been into Candessa and gave Raj a copy of the leaflet, apologising for not having been able to include him, but explaining that next time ...

I would also have gone into Heavenly Presents, but they were shut - doubtless because of the weather. I also wanted to make contact with Heavenly Presents because it's got a nice write up from Jo Elvin, editor of Glamour Magazine and Sydenham resident in the latest edition of 'The Transmitter' - see http://issuu.com/thetransmitter/docs/th ... ipBtn=true. They also mention Kirkdale Bookshop, Alhambra and JH Skincare, and Andy, the editor of The Transmitter has given me a supply of the magazines for these shops to have available to customers. I also showed a copy to Raj, since this magazine is very much the product of the local community - in Crystal Palace - working with local independent traders to promote their High Street - exactly what we want here, and something we'd also like to see him.

I'm a bit embarrassed that I'd never really registered Heavenly Presents until seeing this latest 'The Transmitter', in spite of having attended various meetings of the Sydenham Town centre steering group over the years. I brought it up at the meeting earlier this week, and one of the other people there said what a good shop it is. This says two things: first that distributing this magazine can help promote local businesses, and second that the Sydenham Town centre steering group has failed to engage good new businesses coming into Sydenham Road - see my post 'Back Off Kente' http://forum.sydenham.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5525

OK - sorry for such a long reply. Want to meet up for that coffee we've thought about to see if there are ways you can help?
mysti77

Post by mysti77 »

Went out tonight but only as far as the bookshop and sugahill as I had my baby with me. Was lovely in both places and nice to have a cosy hot chocolate late in the evening :)