Sydenham gets its new community centre

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
paultreacy

Re: Sydenham gets its new community centre

Post by paultreacy »

I'm tremendously excited about this project. 2011 is the year I try to get my career back on track after a long sabbatical but from 2012 I'd like to start working with young people again in some capacity. Maybe with photography and filmmaking workshops to provide them with the means to express their ideas and aspirations or as a facility to come to terms with difficulties. We'll see.

This community centre will be great for Sydenham. Fingers crossed that it'll come to fruition.
sfhyouthforum

Post by sfhyouthforum »

Thanks Hill, though not heard from pinkfizz.
sfhyouthforum

Post by sfhyouthforum »

here here Paul!! That's the spirit!! Perhaps I can ease you into things by suggesting you assist me in setting up a young people's photography and film exhibition for the Sydenham Arts Festival? I'm holding a meeting about it tomorrow from 5pm-7pm, 17 Sydenham Road, SE26 5EX.
hazy

Post by hazy »

i'd be happy to become involved on an ad hoc basis but may not be able to commit to anything regular. any use?
hazy
sfhyouthforum

Post by sfhyouthforum »

absolutely. We love ad hoc. Email me at mel@sfhyouthforum.org.uk

Great stuff, :D
multisync

Post by multisync »

When is this actually opening.We had some information on Sydenham news letter stating it was opening on the 1st April,did this happen ?
LivesNearby

Post by LivesNearby »

According to this article The keys have been handed over, but it's not due to open until June.