Football teams

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
leemorris

Football teams

Post by leemorris »

Hi everyone

I'm moving to Sydenham on Thursday and was wondering if there are any local footie teams that I can join? pub teams or something. Also does anyone know what the journey into london is like in rush hour? Will be starting work in the city next Monday so thought i'd better check in advance!

Cheers

Lee.
Knighton

Post by Knighton »

From Sydenham (zone 3) 13 minutes to London Bridge on the train. They run at intervals of approximately 10 minutes. It is only 5 minutes walk across London Bridge to the City (depending on where exactly you will walk). There is the Northern Line but you walk further underground to get to Bank/Monument than by crossing the bridge.

My experience is that the trains are crowded but when I have travelled at peak time I have not had a problem getting a seat.

London Bridge also provides links to Canon Street but you can take a train direct there from Lower Sydenham (zone 4).
leemorris

Post by leemorris »

Thanks for the reply.

I'll be working next to bank/cannon street and i could use the exercise so I won't mind the walk!

cheers.