Wellbeing health shop ...

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
sydenhamboy

Post by sydenhamboy »

What a nice little shop it is. I've never really been in before .. I'm not sure the outside looks as inviting as it could - I always thought it was just a weird place selling Chinese miracle cures for baldness made up of spurious herbs and spices from unheard of obscure villages in ... well, China. But it's a really cool little place with great products and very nice bread. Have I been a little bit thick not noticing it before (I've lived here about 8 years) - or could it do with a bit of an external re-vamp? What are your thoughts?
Lee? Are you listening .. ?! What if and all that ...

BTW the two new estate agents aren't overly inspiring as new additions - but to be fair they look quite smart and tidy the street up a bit - I think they're both pretty reputable companies .. and isn't it a good sign when agents move in to a street - portentously indicating a bit of gentrification action?

Oh and by the way, the chinese baldness cure didn't work.
Willy

Post by Willy »

I don't know why you thought this was a Chinese baldness herb shop...it looks pretty good if you ask me, has a good range of products and knowledgeable staff. It's one of the shining beacons in the high street!
Blushingsnail

Re: Wellbeing health shop ...

Post by Blushingsnail »

Yes, you have been a little bit thick not noticing it before! :wink:

Well Being is a great shop, although to be honest as an existing customer I don't really notice what the outside looks like any more. Try the chickpea samosas - they're fab!
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Well, I'm always a bit doubtful about some of the health advice heard in it, but I'd agree it's still a great shop - the sort of place to get things you'd not get elsewhere. In fact, it probably had a bit to do with us moving to Sydenham, because it was where we were able to buy seaweed, of all things :D
Annie

Post by Annie »

:D
Love Wellbeing,
I quite like the exterior,it sort of blends in.
The range of stuff is great. :)
Savvy

Post by Savvy »

I buy the ingredients there for my homemade museli. I also get my hippy-veggie friend's Christmas Hamper from there each year - I just by lots of fancy organic jams and chocolate and stuff and put them in a box. She'll be coming next weekend to receive it as she's bee at an Ashram in India (I've changed its name to Easter Hamper, I must go down and see what chocolate eggs he's got).
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Savvy wrote:I buy the ingredients there for my homemade museli.
So do I :oops:
Julsb

Post by Julsb »

Their peanut butter is several cuts above the stuff you get in the supermarket, too. I have an enormous jar that they've sourced from some co-operative or other, and in comparison all the Good Earth & Sunpat types actually taste slightly stale.

It's also great if you're a bit of a whole grains/weird flours addict. (Which I am. :oops: )
kennyb2

Post by kennyb2 »

Shops like this will find it even harder to survive if the EU has its way.

many of you will find this worth reading

http://www.savenaturalhealth.eu/.