Billings - still impressed

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
sydenhamboy

Billings - still impressed

Post by sydenhamboy »

Such a great shop; puts me in a good mood. Is that sad? Always helpful with how to deal with the fish you've chosen and there recipe slips are a real touch. Pretty busy in there whenever I pop in so I guess word is spreading.

It's fresh clams with linguine in a white wine sauce tonight :o) ..

Just a few nicer shops on the Sydenham road and things will improve .. there's clearly a market for decent places.

Oh and Mayow Park needs a cafe.

There I've said it.
NatashaM

Re: Billings - still impressed

Post by NatashaM »

It would be brilliant if they turned that disused pavillion into a cafe. They could use the produce from the community garden to make lovely organic dishes.
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Julsb

Post by Julsb »

I love Billings, too. Our family fish consumption is through the roof these days. :D
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

They've just moved the freezer and the butchery chillers in too, all very exciting.

I think they need a butcher though, so any takers? :D

G-Man
Julsb

Post by Julsb »

I realise I may be shooting myself in the foot by posting this, but...

There were blue swimmer crab in Billings today. I've heard about them before, but not actually bought them til now. I boiled 'em, chopped 'em, and stir-fried them in my wok for around a minute with a bunch of garlic, ginger, chillies, spring onions and salt.

They were absolutely delicious - the sweetest crab I've ever had. If you see them, do buy them and convince Billings to keep getting them in!