My take on London's Riots

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Rick Channing

Re: My take on London's Riots

Post by Rick Channing »

It's not "shit", leaf, it's just reality. It's just a shame that you find the truth and reality too much to bear. Which is kind of pathetic, actually.
leaf

Post by leaf »

Its your reality, which actually doesnt mean 'truth'

I dont find your reality too much to bear, I just find it to be a load of racist, small minded drivel.
Rick Channing

Post by Rick Channing »

Correction: A combination of pathetic and narrow-minded. Honestly, are you this confrontational whenever someone knocks your rose-tinted specs off the tip of your nose?
leaf

Post by leaf »

:lol: Did you just call me narrow minded?!
Voyageur

Post by Voyageur »

leaf wrote::lol: Did you just call me narrow minded?!
In your own way, yes.
CaptainCarCrash

Post by CaptainCarCrash »

Race does not come in to this, it's about society, the devide between rich and poor, scum gangsta got what he had coming. If you carry guns, deal drugs and kill people then you are likely to draw attention from the police.

The contrast between the flowers left for the Asian guys in Birmingham compared to the three bunches left for Duggan tells its own story.

I'd love to be in a society where every one engaged, sadly a lot of the feral youth do not want to engage and be polite and live a decent honest life. They are bound within a feckless herritage of worklessness and crime. Education is the only real way out of poverty but sadly our society is too geared towards achademia and some of us in this world do not fit too well within it's rigid structure.

Lots of kids fail the system and fall through the net and have been left to their own devices which has led to gang culture. For some young people with low intelligence it is an easy way out. they turn to petty crime and work their way up through the ranks until they are beamed around our homes on a monday night shitting and stamping in it because they think their country owes them respect and a living, respect is earned not looted.

I come from a poor household, was raised on a council estate and pretty much flunked my education. In the past I've pushed a broom, cleaned toilets, driven a forklift truck, worked as a building site laborer and worked for a roofer. It wasn't great and I worked like a dog in many of those jobs. I worked for agencies unloading lorries for a courier company, I did anything I could to earn money.

There are jobs out there if you really want to work but some people just want it all for nothing.

Too many kids have a really bad shit attitude these days. The way they speak is infuriating in itself.

Look at this woman with 10 kids begging for charity because £30K a year in benefit isn't enough?
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... y-aid.html

Where are the scum fathers? out looting and smashing our communities probably. I feel for kids like this because they are destined for a life of poverty and want. The woman is just irresponsible.

I'm all rioted out really and I'm sick of looking at stupid mug shots of mugs however I'm enjoying watching judge dredd deliver his verdict.
leaf

Post by leaf »

scum gangsta got what he had coming. If you carry guns, deal drugs and kill people then you are likely to draw attention from the police.

The contrast between the flowers left for the Asian guys in Birmingham compared to the three bunches left for Duggan tells its own story.

Who did Mark Duggan kill then? I must have missed that?
CaptainCarCrash

Who knows?

The bloke was scum and the more people like this off our streets the better. If you carry a gun leaf you are not carrying it to shake anothers hand, you're carrying it to blow someones head off.

Live by the sword die by the sword.

Decent people do not carry guns, wrapped up in socks or otherwise.
leaf

Post by leaf »

Who knows?

You dont know so please stick to facts, as far as anyone knows Mark Duggan didnt kill anyone, we now also know he didnt shoot at police either despite the initial reports.

If he was carrying a gun, then he deserved to be arrested, charged and convicted accordingly not executed without trial.

Live by the sword die by the sword.

That's not how our police service is supposed to operate.
CaptainCarCrash

You sound a fool if you are trying to defend a bloke who had a reactivated replica with live ammo?

So are the police supposed to wait and see if he shoots?
They're too liberal here, they appeared weak and anarchy broke out. People were in their homes shaking like leaves. Sadly the rioting has pushed us even further towards a right wing police state, yet these dummies do not understand that.

They want to stab, shoot, deal drugs and steal and no one must say anything??????

Political Correctnes can do one as far as I'm concearned.

The looney left are screwing this country, it's time for change.

As for facts, see this link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -lord.html
leaf

Post by leaf »

Facts and the daily fail dont go hand in hand so I wont bother with the link.

Im not defending Mark Duggan, my point is no one knows what actually happened.

They want to stab, shoot, deal drugs and steal and no one must say anything??????

Political Correctnes can do one as far as I'm concearned.

Who is they ? and why do you mention political correctness?

If political correctness can 'do one' say what you mean by 'they'

Sadly the rioting has pushed us even further towards a right wing police state, yet these dummies do not understand that.

That I agree with.
CaptainCarCrash

Facts and the daily fail dont go hand in hand so I wont bother with the link
There is no point to this in that case.

Gang bangers is they.

Lefties, the pc brigade, anyone who treats scum with kid gloves.

The justice system here has been a joke for years.
mosy

Post by mosy »

mikecg wrote:...The looney left are screwing this country, it's time for change. ...
Well, 15 months of the loony right doesn't seem to have done much good ;)

On graffiti, there was (not sure if there still is) a rather accomplished piece of spraypaint artwork in the Forest Hill underpass which is basically bleak bare concrete. It read "peace". (I think it's due for renovation?) Anyway, perhaps youths on community service could be taught artistic graffiti. I'm not sure who'd pay for the paint, though it probably costs no more than cleaning-off fluid. Before anyone throws a wobbly, perhaps compare with the cost of the mosaic and planning cost thereof for the Naborhood Centre? My idea might be dotty, but I reckon I've already been beaten on dotty.
mosy

Post by mosy »

Question please: Does anyone know what Mr Cameron and the police mean by "baton rounds AND potentially using plastic bullets"? Wikipedia says there are three types of baton round (all fired from a gun) which all spray/disperse on contact rather than being a single hit, as would be a plastic bullet. Is that a fair understanding? Sorry if numpty.

Ta.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Mosy
We have not got a right wing government , more the pity.

Every good measure the Conservatives try to bring in is vetoed by wooly liberals..............
maturin

Post by maturin »

Leaf
"Im not defending Mark duggan"

I'm afraid that is exactly what you are doing; intentionally or not. Duggan was a violent scumbag, from a violent family, carrying a gun in public place. The rest is dangerous sophistry. 'Whataboutery' of the worst kind and an attempt to morally equate unequals.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I agree Maturin , why are the Police having to soend valuable time justifing his shooting.
He had a gun for God's sake , do normal people take taxi's with guns.
CaptainCarCrash

mosy wrote:Question please: Does anyone know what Mr Cameron and the police mean by "baton rounds AND potentially using plastic bullets"? Wikipedia says there are three types of baton round (all fired from a gun) which all spray/disperse on contact rather than being a single hit, as would be a plastic bullet. Is that a fair understanding? Sorry if numpty.

Ta.
Riot Gun

Fires rubber bullets and tear gas

Rubber Bullet

As used in Northern Ireland.
mosy

Post by mosy »

Thank you mickecg.
sfhyouthforum

Post by sfhyouthforum »

I've not replied in a while because I'm still weighing up what's more damaging - a looter or Rick Channing's ideas.

Just an observation, but last Thursday, on my way to Stansted airport to catch one of those budget 7am flights, I noticed that most people on the early morning buses headed to the city were black, doing the hard low paid graft nobody wants to do. Then I thought about the people I see stuck selling lollypops and purfume in the toilets of clubs and swanky bars (always makes me cringe with awkwardness), and then the amazing staff in the hospitals who are prepared to do the shitty nightshifts as a lower-waged nurse - so if Rick, you are going to talk about disproportionality then I suggest you be a bit more balanced. Otherwise you just end up sounding like one of those ignorant small minded folk you wouldn’t give any Rolos too, nevermind the last. Know what I mean? I also would like to see some crime statistics to back up your claims, and lastly, I would draw your attention to the ratio of job applicants to vacancies in Lewisham, 14:1, according to my line manager at London Bubble.