A dog without a lead

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
catwoman

A dog without a lead

Post by catwoman »

A young boy comes on to our estate with a large black dog without a lead. Last night i heard him sending the dog after cats. I was going to confront him but he was with a group of boys that seemed very roudy. There's recently been a notice on the bus stop in Mayow road asking people to get intouch with the community Police because there has been a few cat attacks in Sydenham. Could anyone give me the number for community Police as i have lost it? Thank you.
simon

Re: A dog without a lead

Post by simon »

Sydenham Safer Neighbouroods Team: 8 649 3598. Email: SNT@met.police.uk
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

anuther reason we moved away from ouur block of flats to private flats :evil:

grrr dont bother with plastic police find his parent and give them a good shouting at lol :D
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Trouble is the mother might not be lady like.

Is is illegal to not have a lead on a dog ? I know it ought to be but not sure if it is and if answer yes is anyone ever fined.
Annie

Post by Annie »

It should be Illegal to have a dog off a lead in a public area ,also if this dog or other dogs are being trained to attack, what will be next ? a child?
catwoman

Post by catwoman »

Thank you Simon for giving me that number, they was very helpful. It wasn't the Safer Neighborhood team investigating the cat attacks, but the police did ask them to put up the posters as there is an investigation into them. I think his parents are not the approachable type so I will let the police deal with them.

Eagle I do not know if it is illegal, but this young boy really shouldn't be out with such a big dog on his own. Well said Annie. Yes it should be made illegal... As it says on the poster, all dangerous dogs should be kept on a lead.

Thank you for your replies.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

It is not, in iteslf, illegal to have a dog not on a lead - it might be a bylaw offence in Local Authority Parks but you would have to check with each local authority.

It is, however, illegal to have a dog dangerously out of control in a public place (Dangerous Dogs Act 1991) and if that dog causes harm to anyone then it is an aggravated offence (same act)