blue mountain

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
michael

Re: blue mountain

Post by michael »

G-man,
You know how to hurt a Forest Hillite.
We even used to have a Blue Mountain. :mrgreen:
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

And it is open again today
poppy

Post by poppy »

We shouldn't knock businesses like Blue Mountain, if you have complaints maybe you should contact them directly, it's businesses like this that give Sydenham some hope for the future!
Suzee

Post by Suzee »

Agreed Poppy. The Blue Mountain and Dolphin seem to get a hard time here. We don't often visit these places due to our young family but when we do we are always grateful they are in Sydenham. On the Monday Bank Hol last week the Dolphin was quite busy and we had a good lunch there. I remember how we all used to complain around 5 years ago on this forum about the lack such places. Of course they are not perfect so complaining about them is fine as long as the managers/owners are informed too.

JulietP, I agree Forest Hill has some nice places but so do we. Plus they have their fair share of pound shops, nail bars (which people obviously use!).

Here's to a good 2012 for Sydenham. Let's hope the Sydenham Road refurb starts soon.

Sue

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
JulietP

Post by JulietP »

Suzee wrote:Agreed Poppy. The Blue Mountain and Dolphin seem to get a hard time here. We don't often visit these places due to our young family but when we do we are always grateful they are in Sydenham. On the Monday Bank Hol last week the Dolphin was quite busy and we had a good lunch there. I remember how we all used to complain around 5 years ago on this forum about the lack such places. Of course they are not perfect so complaining about them is fine as long as the managers/owners are informed too.

JulietP, I agree Forest Hill has some nice places but so do we. Plus they have their fair share of pound shops, nail bars (which people obviously use!).

Here's to a good 2012 for Sydenham. Let's hope the Sydenham Road refurb starts soon.

Sue

I didn't realise that the Dolphin had bad press on here. I love the Dolphin. And Trat Raff. And That's Amore.

I simply tend not to go to Sydenham during the day because the shops aren't great and the atmosphere is not particularly welcoming. I don't think I should get stick for that - it's a choice that we all make, but just because I'm the one to actually say it I become Forum Whipping Boy of the week. Nice. :(
Annie

Post by Annie »

JulietP,
you are not the only one who thinks Sydenham High street is a drab inhospitable place,
I think so too.

There are a few becons of light here, but an awful lot of dead beat shops as well.
I used to rather pop into Penge, but that is going the same way as Sydenham.
Hopefully our High Street will be revived in 2012
(My new optimistic attitude shining through :D )

So don't feel bad.
Suzee

Post by Suzee »

Don't take it personally Juliet, we're all just voicing our opinions on the area. There are many with similar ones to yours and yes I agree there is much room for improvement. Just trying to be positive about the better businesses.

Have you tried Billings and Fresh & Fruity? They are both very welcoming and good quality produce.

Sue