Lost cat Boris

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Molster

Lost cat Boris

Post by Molster »

Our cat Boris has been missing since the 7th Jan from Sydenham park. She is a black and Ginger tortiseshell with a distinctive Ginger stripe down her nose. She's a very timid cat and is likely to be hiding scared. We are totally devasted and would really appreciate any news. There are pictures of her around the area if Sydenham park.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
urbaneagle

Re: Lost cat Boris

Post by urbaneagle »

Hi- have you found your cat only there is one outside Costcutter- apparently been there for a few days. The cat is very affectionate but clearly lost. I have been trying to get rpca or someone out but they wont attend. good luck if its your cat rega susa
Molster

Post by Molster »

Hi thanks for your reply unfortunately the school on Sydenham park phoned to say they thought they had found our cat dead on their grounds and had buried it. I will go up and double-check the cat at cost cutter as I would be over the moon for her still to be alive but there is also another cat from another family missing of similar description so will let them know too. Many thanks x

urbaneagle

Post by urbaneagle »

Hi. I drove past about half eleven and the cat was there so I went back with the car just and no sign. Fingers crossed the poor thing is safe and warm somewhere. I put a few biscuits in the doorway just in case. I will go back tomorrow and if the cat i there take to Battersea if they will allow
regards Susan
Molster

Post by Molster »

I have a small baby so couldn't check if it was Boris last night but will definitely go looking first thing in the morning, can't stop thinking about if it might be her.

urbaneagle

Post by urbaneagle »

Hi I couldnt see the cat this morning but as i am only a few hundred yards away we will keep checking and if we spot again we will put in our cat box and keep the cat safe in our greenhouse. I dont want to raise your hopes too much, The cat was a big cat, it had long hair, no collar, it was dark but itt appeared to be all tortoiseshell colours with markings on face - oh and it let me pick it up. I put it down as I felt i couldnt carry it home and we have two cats and i didnt really know what to do. Am so sorry about your missing cat.
regards Susan
Molster

Post by Molster »

Hi
We saw the cat this morning and sadly its not boris she was much smaller and not as fluffy but did have similar markings, we tried to coax it to us but it disappeared down halifax street. Hopefully the cat is chipped and can be returned to their owners. We have cat carriers if you need one and see it again. We have let the other people know too although they think given that the cat let you pick him/her up its too bold to be their cat.

We really appreciate the time you have taken to post a reply though, and all the effort you have put in to helping us, i think we have to accept though our cat is likely to be the one found dead by the school. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this cat has a happier ending.

Thanks again

Mollie
Labanised

Post by Labanised »

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about your cat.
Is there any chance of posting a picture just in case?

Your post has reminded me about getting my cat chipped. I can't remember if I did it at the same time I had her 'done'.

Fingers crossed for a safe return.
urbaneagle

Post by urbaneagle »

Sorry about Boris Mollie
I have not seen the big cat and I sort of hoped s/he had somehow found home......
Fingers crossed huh
kind regards Susan
Drake

Post by Drake »

Hello,

I came accross the picture of your cat last week and it looks like a cat that has been visiting our garden for a few weeks. I took two pictures of him just yesterday but couldn't manage to catch him. Do you have an email where I could send those to you?

We live on Kirkdale Road close to the gas station so it may be him? Hoping so anyway.
All the best,

Cedric
Molster

Post by Molster »

Hi my email is Mollie.Brooker@virgin.net and if it is her she s good at not being caught. Many thanks for your help.

Molster

Post by Molster »

good news our cat has been found and she's back with us. Turns out she had gone on a visit to Dartmouth road and is incredibly skinny but fine. We're so happy to have her back thanks to the micro chipping.

Thanks for all your help xxxx
simon

Post by simon »

Hey Molster, thats great news :D
Its great when we get a thread with a happy ending on here.
Microchipping is a boon, all pet owners should get it done (to their pets, obviously).
cassmac

COSTCUTTER CAT

Post by cassmac »

I live on Kirkdale and have been feeding the Costcutter cat, I have put fliers through doors to the back of my flat of different houses and put a collar on her with my number in case she does belong to anybody to let them know she is hanging around Kirkdale and that a lot of people are feeding her.
I took her to my vets to have her checked over as a few people were worried she was pregnant, ( she isnt ) and she isnt microchipped. She has come in to my flat a couple of evenings as im worried she is getting very cold at night but dont want to take her if she does belong to somebody. My worry is that she may belong to someone who has gone into hospital or not well so dont want to just take her in.
I have left her description and flier with vets in the area and posted a photo of her on Animal search co uk with description.
My sister is happy to have this lovely cat but i dont want to cause upset if she does have an owner.