TRAINS THIS SUNDAY: Your Guess?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
admin
Site Admin

TRAINS THIS SUNDAY: Your Guess?

Post by admin »

I can't recall when we last had a Sunday service from Sydenham Station. I did get a message from TfL that there would be no service between Sydenham and West Croydon. This implies there is a service running on the Crystal Palace link.

Then I tried National Rail's view of Southern's services. Well, yes there is a replacement bus service for some services but others (within a few minutes) are supposedly running.

I have a feeling that trusting National Rail may be a bit rash. So don't be surprised if there are/are not services Sunday. If you are travelling do have a Plan B.

If anyone really knows what's happening please tell us and/or Nat Rail ...

Admin
Rachael

Re: TRAINS THIS SUNDAY: Your Guess?

Post by Rachael »

I got an Overground train from Highbury & Islington today at 4:40pm and all trains on the board were for Crystal Palace only. No West Croydon trains. Make of that what you will.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
JulietP

Post by JulietP »

The Tfl website says the West Croydon branch is shut. So overground and southern trains are coming and going from Sydenham as normal.
alywin

Post by alywin »

Guess they're still carrying on with those engineering works which are supposed to make the trains quieter and haven't had any effect yet as far as I can see. Certainly there have been trains going down part of the line from Sydenham today - I can hear them now. But there has also been a rail replacement bus service in action. Hoping this isn't going on for much longer, because I need to get to Stratford in a couple of weeks, and it'll be really difficult if the Overground isn't running.