Save the Greyhound Campaign

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
benchef

Re: Save the Greyhound Campaign

Post by benchef »

Also very interesting that the Antic rumours are are still being bandied around in the trade press.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Andwar

Post by Andwar »

Facebook Campaign Update!

It seems that the privacy settings are set by the people who like the page. So if your own privacy settings are high then no one else can see you apart from your name.

https://www.facebook.com/help/privacy/pages

Its all very confusing as there is no settings on the page for me to set.

Everyone is free to post to the page, upload photos, etc and please do the more the merrier.
Annie

Post by Annie »

What is friend activity on a Facebook Page?
When people visit a Facebook Page, they'll see what their friends and people they subscribe to are saying about it. For example, if someone tags a Page in...
Can a Page see my information if I Like it?
Pages cannot see the profiles (timelines) of people who connect with them, only their profile picture and name. Pages also do not have access to a News Feed with information about what the activity of the people who connect with them. Page admins, however, will be able to see anything you’ve made available as Public on your profile (timeline) by visiting your profile (timeline). Pages can communicate with people who like their Page by sending messages. Authenticated Pages may also post status updates, which may appear in the News Feeds of users that like the Page.

Thats the bit I dont like,
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

What bit don't you like? That a page can post in your newsfeed? That's what liking a page is for, so you see their updates. It's just like seeing your friends' updates.

As long as you don't make ny information public (in other words, you make everything you post 'friends only by default) then the page admins won't see it.

Annie

Post by Annie »

rshdunlop wrote:What bit don't you like? That a page can post in your newsfeed? That's what liking a page is for, so you see their updates. It's just like seeing your friends' updates.

As long as you don't make ny information public (in other words, you make everything you post 'friends only by default) then the page admins won't see it.

I underlined the part I dont like
only their profile picture and name.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Sorry, I misunderstood.

So is it thst you don't want to like the page because you don't want other people who like the page to see your name and profile picture? Fair enough. However, I've just checked the page and I can't see who else likes it, just that it has 15 likes.
Annie

Post by Annie »

When I look I can see a couple of people
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Annie wrote:When I look I can see a couple of people
Huh, interesting. I can see people who have commented on the page. I can't see people who have just liked it and nothing else.

But like I said, if you're not comfortable with your name appearing on the page, fair enough.